IT Product Owner
Posted on Sep 30, 2021 by GCS
What's the role?
Fleet management is our strategic service offering to manage construction tools of our customers efficiently. As the IT Product Owner you will strongly contribute to improve and digitise customer experience as well as add new services for our customers. You will own a part of our Fleet Management IT solution and ensure its economic success. In close collaboration with your global business stakeholders and your development team you will drive activities for grooming, implementation, and operation of your product.About us?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We are a multicultural workplace with 127 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
We are one of the top 25 companies in the Best Workplaces in Europe category in 2019. Our Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.What does the role involve?
As an IT Product Owner you are responsible for a part of our Fleet Management solution, its vision, and future development. You own every outcome, decision, and activity related to your product. You act as the customer/IT liaison during analysis, requirements definition, and design activities. You provide strategic advice for business processes and solutions and collaborate with product managers and business stakeholders to define and document business requirements. Moreover, you team up with technical staff to develop convincing solution alternatives. You need to take decisions based on business impact and with that prioritise the backlog. As a Product Owner you create user stories for requirements, write technical requirements, and continuously groom the existing backlog. You will run and coordinate alignments between the entire team. You give advice and direction on the product. You are able to run product demos and own the support process of your product. You drive adoption of the products within the business community based on real user needs & strategic direction.What do we offer?
We give you the autonomy to identify the right technology solutions for our customers. We also encourage you to grow, not only in this role, but also beyond - you will be able to move around the business, to experience various job functions and even work abroad in different markets.
As integral part of our performance oriented yet caring culture we want you to work your best. Offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, comprehensive insurance and pension plans, day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that.
We have an excellent mix of people, challenging, and developing you every single day!
The ideal candidate has in-depth expertise working with distributed systems and understands how they are deployed. You know what is important when shipping products to customers and have been through the process from start to finish. You enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues, and teams on tough problems and are highly effective. Furthermore, you thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple changing priorities. You like a proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shy away from a challenge.
- You hold a Master or PhD in Information Management, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Ideally you have two or more years of experience as a Product Owner in a distributed Agile Software Development setting experience utilizing agile delivery processes and tool chain
- You bring the ability to effectively communicate complicated concepts to a non-technical and technical audience in English (verbal and written)
- You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with global partners to build bonds, inspire, influence, and accomplish goals
- You bring excellent analogical capabilities, self-responsibility, and customer orientation paired with an entrepreneurial, can-do attitude and a strong sense of product quality
- You are a team player with hands-on mentality and able to craft a direction
- You have result orientation and demonstrated persistence towards achieving progress despite obstacles and short-term setbacks
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.