Posted on Sep 30, 2021 by ITech Consult
Our client is the largest global manufacturer of multi-directional forklifts and Straddle Carriers. They are an acknowledged leader in long load handling solutions and offer a free warehouse and site optimation design service. More than 50,000 units have been sold in over 85 countries since our clients was established in 1998.
- As an IT administrator, you will be responsible for maintaining our client IT network, Servers and security systems.
- This role is absolutely essential for ensuring business continuity.
- Responsible for investigating and diagnosing network problems, collecting IT usage stats, making recommendations for improving our client IT systems and carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions.
- Provide support on a day-to-day basis, you will be called upon to help colleagues with more basic IT needs.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues
- Install and manage client-based computers, laptops, printers and related hardware.
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify data backups
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security
- Maintain Servers, upgrade, secure, system backups and disaster recovery preparation.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Administrate infrastructure, including Firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Setup user accounts and manage domain permissions
- Maintain and update documentation of procedures and configurations.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- 2+ years' experience as an IT Administrator, System Administrator or similar role
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Extensive experience with VMware
- Excellent knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Proven experience with windows server, exchange, SQL, VEEAM, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management.
- Knowledge of system security (eg, intrusion detection systems), Firewall configuration (NAT, security policies, VPN's) and data backup/recovery
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative, be resourceful and have a problem-solving aptitude
- Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 920709EK
Role: IT Administrator
Location: County, Monaghan Ireland
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£27.1k - £31.6k Annual
£13.9 - £13.9 Hourly
£25.3k - £29.5k Annual
£10.8 - £11.3 Hourly
£10.8 - £11.3 Hourly
£27.6k - £27.6k Annual
£23.5k - £23.5k Annual
£14.8 - £14.8 Hourly