Telco Project Manager - Migrations
Posted on Sep 30, 2021 by Flint Consulting Limited
My client, a well Telecom's operator is currently looking for several Project Managers to manage a large Migration project.
As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of one or more projects within the programme at any time.
You will work under the Portfolio and/or Programme Manager and will be responsible for the full project life cycle from initial planning through to close down.
You will work with a large degree of autonomy and will be required to exercise good judgement - working through issues to the best of your ability before escalation but recognising time is always a valuable commodity in this programme.
You will have a range of technical experiences but the ability to learn and adapt is more important than any specific technology skill.
Given the complexity of the programme, you will be required to demonstrate exceptional ability in the areas of Risk, Issue and Dependency Management in addition to all the regular skills expected in a project manager.
The team is made up of specialists and experienced personnel from various business areas therefore it is essential that you can communicate effectively across the entire programme.
To succeed in this role the ideal candidate will have the following knowledge and experience.
- 8+ years' experience Migration project management (development, Telecommunications Conversion)
- Telecom experience, billing/BSS systems
- Customer-facing communications experience, including presentation and reporting
- Experience in budgeting, forecast and reporting
- Clear and concise weekly project reporting
- Working under pressure to tight timelines - this project will be full-on from the starting gun
- Managing RAID, Plans, working in a Matrix environment, self-starter, etc
- Migration experience
Previous experience within telecoms
- Experience in managing Core Voice Networks projects
- Experience in managing Cloud-based projects
- Some IT experience, but please note this is NOT an IT PM role
This role is inside of IR35