Network security design engineer
Posted on Sep 30, 2021 by Michael Bailey Associates - Eindhoven
For a client of ours in the Oil & Gas industry we are looking for a Network Security Designer
Location: From home in NL (candidates must be based in NL or willing to relocate)
Duration: Long term
This role is part of the Connectivity Portfolio team and specific to the Network Perimeter services, where our client and third-party users and applications need to be connected. Specifically, this role is critical in supporting projects with design engineering capabilities under the renewed model.
The design engineer is expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) covering the application of telecommunications and network technology deployed across the Group. This covers all businesses, all locations (offices, onshore plants, offshore plants, offices, trading floors, etc.) and various types of projects including capital projects and IT projects.
The purpose of the design engineer role is to participate in projects and deliver the network designs and implementations required based on defined standards. The design engineer will be the key person in the project for all telecom and network elements.
- Collect all requirements needed to produce the design by working with the project manager and relevant stakeholders
- Apply the standards defined to create a design with all relevant details
- Document the solution working with the architects
- Develop a deployment strategy together with the project manager and create an implementation plan which leads to a successful deployment of the produced design
- Share knowledge and drive continuous improvement across the community
- Manage complex interface structures across organizational and geographic boundaries.
- Ability to collaborate with project teams, telecom contractors/service providers (ISP), the Major Execution Contractors (FEED, EPC, EPCM, TSI etc.) and other contractors
Network security, we are looking for "design experience with next generation Firewalls and proxies and more specifically Palo Alto Networks L7 Firewalls and Zscaler".
- Minimum Education or Certification: Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or equivalent work experience
- Cisco certifications - CCNP Route/Switch
- Palo Alto Certifications - PCNSA
- Zscaler Certifications - ZCCP IA/PA TAC
- Security Certification - CCISP
- Typical Years of Experience: 12-20 - leading and executing Telecoms project delivery, Telecoms operations, or IT consultancy assignments to design, develop and deliver viable network and telecom solutions, preferably in Oil and Gas or similar industry with offshore experience preferred.
- A high degree of technical network knowledge in the IP network technology with a specialization in network security.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.