Posted on Sep 30, 2021 by Levy Associates Ltd
SECURITY SPECIALIST/INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST
Security Specialist | 6 months project
We are looking for Security Specialist who would like to grow in Cyber Security field in Information Security to contribute to continuous improvement of the detection response capabilities.
About the role
As an Information Security analyst, you will make sure all the operational security and privacy tasks run smoothly and to identify incidents and report to minimize the consequences. You will monitor and analyse our logs and other data inputs using threat intelligence-based detection and attacker behaviour analysis. We expect you to identify incident response automation opportunities and continuous improvement of our monitoring tools.
Additionally, you will work in different projects in the fields of monitoring, threat intelligence, and user access management. You will report to the Senior Information Security Officer and together you will bring the security and privacy measures to the next level.
You will work closely together with the Senior Information Security Officer and act as each other's backup. To be successful in this role, you must be eager and a fast learner with problem-solving capabilities. You must be focused on key priorities and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
It would be a plus if already have experience within coding and programming. Working in a dynamic and challenging environment gives you energy and you are eager to learn from colleagues from different backgrounds.
What experience are we looking for!
- Monitor and triage security events.
- Keeping the information security procedures up to date.
- Answer questions on security and privacy from your colleagues.
- Improving our security policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Assessing the security of new vendors and suppliers.
- Keeping our platform and office infrastructure secure.
- Keeping ahead about new technologies within the cyber security market.
Who are you?
- hands-on mentality
- a drive to move forward
- eye on detail.
- take up initiative easily
- speak up and be outgoing
- eager to explore new ideas and techniques
- team player
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated passion for security
- 1+ years of experience working in a security operations centre or incident response team
- Experience with multiple operating systems and managed network devices
- Financial domain background
Since 2000 Levy provides professional Solutions to organizations ranging from tech start-ups to global players. From our offices in the UK and Amsterdam we have built an international local network of skilled employed professionals and contractors fuelled by our passion for connecting skills with projects. Over the years we have fulfilled over 1700 requirements and nowadays we consistently have 250+ professionals recruited and relocated from 14 countries allocated to various projects. Our strength is the way that we see and treat people. This will always be a key factor in our strategy for many years to come multiplying by unity