Lead Service Transition Manager
Posted on Sep 30, 2021 by Allen Lane Ltd.
HS2 is building one of the largest infrastructure projects in Europe, the success of which will hugely rely on them having the latest and best Digital, Data, and Technology services. We are working with them on the recruitment of a number of new roles in the DDaT directorate including the Lead Service Transition Manager who is vital in making sure that services are effectively transitioned into service operation.
At the crux of the Lead Service Transition Manager role is the delivery of a great customer experience to the customers. As the lead for all transitions into Operations you will be responsible for setting and managing the acceptance criteria and assuring projects being delivered are to the correct standard.
- Leading the coordination of service transition activities across multiple projects, suppliers, service teams, Platforms and Products
- Line management of three Analysts
- Ensuring service transition resources are in place to support successful service delivery
- Ensuring successful service transition plans are in place for each project
- To be accountable for providing recommendations to the go-live', early-life support' and service acceptance' stages
- To be accountable for ensuring that acceptance criteria are understood by the wider IT operations
- To be responsible for approving the shaping and delivery of transition projects and programmes to individual business needs
- To be accountable for leading service and support functions, ensuring they remain responsive to customer needs
- To be accountable for governance and audit reporting, ensuring service standards are met for their specific service
The successful candidate will have 3+ years' of experience in either a Service Operations or Service Transition background and demonstrable experience in creating service designs/service architecture with different delivery methodologies such as waterfall and agile. The Lead Service Transition Manager will be someone who focuses on continual service improvement, proactive problem management and user experience.
This role is available as Full time permanent appointment, and the successful appointee can work remotely or be based from the HS2's Birmingham offices. The successful applicant will have access to the Civil Service pension scheme, 25 days per annum leave allowance and be required to work a minimum of 37 hours per week.
HS2 is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual's age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.