Posted on Sep 30, 2021 by Inavise Tech
Are you an infrastructure system architect with 5+ years of experience? We are looking for a senior Architect for a public sector client. EU Nationality is a requirement due to security clearance. Remote work is a possibility.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant architecture experience and technical understanding of IT products for every layer in the stack. Experience and technical knowledge with most commercial and open source alternatives for the following technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with Virtualization technologies, including VMware
- Knowledge and experience with Red Hat Linux and configuration management, including Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Knowledge and experience with Kubernetes, OpenShift, Containerisation
- Other operating systems Linux, MS Windows
- Datacenter physical Infrastructure (eg racks, blade Servers, network)
- Networking (eg switching, routing, Firewalling, load balancing)
- Application frameworks and accelerators (custom vs. packaged)
- Middleware and queuing solutions (eg RabbitMQ)
- Database & storage technologies and platforms (eg Oracle, NoSQL, Hadoop)
- Technical understanding of the characteristics of application styles and when to apply each
- Business Intelligence and Analytics platforms
- Batch-driven applications; Web applications; Rich client, thin server applications; Micro Services
- Knowledge of ITIL V3 processes.
- Knowledge of Architecture framework ( TOGAF ) and modelling language (ArchiMate, Sparx Enterprise) is an added value.
- Good writing skills, ability to deliver complete technical documents with limited supervision.
- Working experience with EU client or other public institution is an added value;
- Bachelor or University degree in IT or equivalent by valid professional IT certifications in the domain
- Other: good interpersonal skills and must be a team player; detail oriented, analytical, and demonstrate ability to work and adapt quickly in ambiguous environments; Must be self-directed with proven ability to make decisions supported by thorough data analysis;
- Languages: English (fluent), French (desirable)
The Architect will integrate the client's infrastructure setup.
- Understand, translate business requirements into system and infrastructure requirements.
- Define Infrastructure architecture principles, decisions and document architecture views
- Interact with others Architects/Technical specialists to provide technical directions.
- Participate, on a punctual basis, on specific projects related to his/her specialty.
- Develops infrastructure architecture in line with defined client strategy and standards;
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical solutions and their framework;
- Deliver high-level and low-level design;
- Participates in the meetings to define new projects and provides the design of the infrastructure architecture, the detailed Bill of Material to be part of the project and estimates the services for the implementation and delivery of the infrastructure architecture;
- Maintains the infrastructure related documentation by ensuring that all the projects proposed architectural changes are reflected in the documents;
- Provides input for Incidents/Problems/Defects to the Operational team;
- Provides input to organize regular knowledge transfer sessions;
- Main office is in Brussels, Belgium
- Remote work is possible, but some on-site presence is required
- Minimum travel to Strasbourg is required