Electronic Mechanical Assembler
Posted on Sep 29, 2021 by Vexos
Performs any combination of the following tasks to assemble electronic components, subassemblies, products, or systems. A Mechanical Assembler is responsible for assembling mechanical parts, components and electronic devices utilizing basic assembly tools such as pliers, screwdrivers, soldering iron, etc. in accordance with the work instructions to meet the customer and internally specified requirements: Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Reading and understanding customer notes, drawings, bills of material and customers work instructions and processes.
- Using precision measuring tools or equipment (i.e. torque meters, calipers, etc.).
- Assembling electrical or electronic systems and support structures. - Installing and securing components subassemblies, wiring, and attaching plating using rivets, bolts, screws, epoxy, and hot glue.
- Assemble parts or units, and then position, align, and fasten units to assemblies.
- Use hand or power tools.
- Attaching name plates and marking identifying information on parts.
- Examining products or work to verify conformance to specifications.
- Marking and tagging components so that stock inventory can be tracked and identified.
- Counting finished product.
- Maintaining production or work records.
- Attaching or marking identification onto products and/or containers.
- Cleaning and maintaining work area and equipment.
- Comply with company work rules, ESD procedures.
- Professional demeanor and appearance while working within an ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 environment.
- Detail oriented and possess excellent organizational, time-management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work constructively with individuals at all levels of responsibility.
- Basic computer skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with, or ability to quickly learn collaboration tools such as SharePoint
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of quality systems beneficial
- Manufacturing experience and/or the willingness to learn the position
- Familiar with measuring instruments and devices
- Experience with IPC Standards and ISO 9001 and ISO 13458
- Good work habits and housekeeping.
- High School diploma
- The position location is based in LaGrange, Ohio