Senior AWS Data Engineer (m/w/d)
Posted on Sep 29, 2021 by ITech Consult
Senior AWS Data Engineer (m/w/d) - Cloud/agile/Python/GitLab/English
Project/Role: For our Pharma client in Basel we are looking for a highly motivated and qualified Senior AWS Data Engineer (m/w/d).
The role will be affiliated with the PD Quality 'Sherlock' project, which will leverage the cloud based PD Advanced Analytics (PDAA) platform to generate actionable insights that will lead to a data-driven auditing process.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ability to work within an Agile Scrum Team to perform specific development and configuration tasks according to Jira based User Stories/Functional Specifications
- Collaborate with the Tech Lead and Business Analyst to define Functional Specification and implement (code or configure) solution based on Functional Specifications
- Actively participate in all Agile Ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Story Estimations, Retrospectives, Daily Scrums, etc.)
- Translate an architecture design into a functional solution
- Document Technical & Design Specifications
- Min. 5 + years experience in Cloud (Platform) Data Engineering
- Certified and proficient in Agile ways of working with cross-functional teams
- AWS Developer Certification with extensive hands-on experience with core AWS services such as Glue/Glue Studio, S3, Lambda, SageMaker, DynamoDB, Athena, Redshift, RDS, Step Functions, CloudWatch, EC2, SNS, SQS, etc.
- Experience in building AWS based data ingestion, processing and analytics pipelines
- Substantial knowledge of 'infrastructure as code' and in particular with Terraform and AWS CLI
- CI/CD systems (preferably GitLab and Jenkins) experience, including configuration management and automation tools (preferably Ansible and Puppet)
- Hands-on experience with Python coding and Bash Shell Scripting
Nice to Haves:
- Former Roche experience or in the life sciences/pharma industry
- Knowledge of Service Orchestration using Kubernetes and/or EKS
- Knowledge of various databases, both SQL, and NoSQL
- AWS CloudFormation knowledge
- Experience with Snowflake
- Knowledge of more specialized languages such as 'R'
- Experience with troubleshooting performance bottlenecks, considering both Linux, as well as Cloud Native environments
- Knowledge of IP Networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and Firewall.
- Experience collaborating on code base with Git & experience with the Git branching strategies
- Experience liaising with Data Scientist and DevOps team along the technological stacks typical for their domain
- Knowledge of Computer System Validation
- Familiar with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Spotfire
Reference No.: 920702SKNRole: Senior AWS Data Engineer
Industry: Pharma Location: Basel Workload: 100% Start: 01.11.2021 Duration: 4++, extension planned
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.