Senior Lead Cloud Data Architect AWS
Posted on Sep 28, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Sr. Lead Cloud Data Architect with strong AWS experience. Candidate will enable critical capability to support key business needs by providing critical solutions using latest Cloud technology.
- Provide solutions that align with data strategy for consistency and quality
- Obtain alignment with across architecture for technology and solution direction
- Define target states to achieve desired business outcomes and establish roadmaps that deliver incrementally value
- Enabling solutions to enable critical business capability through innovation and latest cloud technologies to solving unique challenges
- Technical consultation to clients and IT management to on technologies, architecture solution options with tradeoffs, alignment with standards and roadmaps
- Present and communicate the architecture solutions, architecture patterns to technical and non-technical partners, and demonstrate how they will enable business needs
- Ensure architecture aligns with business objectives, roadmaps as well as to the company's architecture principles and standards
- Define architecture patterns, architecture project deliverables, including data patterns, architecture decisions, rationale for those decisions and architecture solution.
- Define and compare solution to determine the optimal solutions for business needs.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the following:
- Advises business owners, and IT groups regarding the company architecture and data guidelines
- Drives application architectural decisions for the systems under development
- Leads application integration and design discussions among multiple applications groups
- Influences key decisions for the technology & infrastructure architecture. Advises the system and infrastructure configuration from application performance, scalability, and capacity perspective.
- Provides guidance to business counterparts, customers, and top management on requirements pertinent to the data and technical capability
- Seasoned professional with ability to make architecture and design decisions and tradeoffs for solution architecture that looks across the applications landscape and adheres to enterprise standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 3 years of AWS Cloud experience working with AWS services EC2, S3, EKS, RDS, Mongo, EMR, Lambda, Snowflake, Okera, Collibra, SNS, SQS
- 3+ years of large-scale digital transformation & AWS Cloud migration hands on experience with multiple technology areas like API, Microservices, Event Streaming, Logging & Monitoring, Databases (SQL, NOSQL), Containers, Serverless Frameworks, AI & ML etc.), API Platform (Apigee), Kafka, AMQ
- 10-15 years of broad technology experience and knowledge across multiple disciplines such as application development, database SQL/NoSQL, infrastructure platform, security products, ETL products, rule engines, and Business Intelligence (BI) tools
- 10 years of hands-on experience in solution, data, architecture applied to multiple large-scale enterprise systems.
- 5 years' extensive knowledge and experience in the Data technologies for Data Analytics, Data Warehouse, Data Mart, BI, Big Data (Hadoop, HBase, Hive), Databases SQL/NoSQL (DB2, Oracle, Sybase, Mongo, Postgres, MySQL), ETL (Informatica, Talend, Sqoop), CDC(Attunity),Store procedures, REST API, Integration/EAI technologies like Informatica, BI tools (MicroStrategy/Tableau), Snowflake
- 10 years' experience with Technologies including Web Service API, Integration/EAI technologies like Informatica, XML, JSON, JDBC, SQL, Java, Python, R,
- Knowledge of enterprise data models, information classification, meta-data models, taxonomies and ontologies
- Hands on experience with the latest cloud-based AWS technology and familiarity with the latest industry trends and technology for enterprise data needs
- Data and Architectural leadership with knowledge of both Legacy and modern cloud-based data technologies and applications
- Strong judgment with excellent decision-making skills and excellent analytical skills, ability to handle ambiguity and lead technical solutions
- Ability to lead, collaborate and influence issue resolution across various groups in the organization
- Ability to coach/guide teams on data best practices, design solutions, standards and guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to succinctly present subject matter. Ability to communicate effectively technology problems/solutions to business partners and senior leadership and translate high level directives into technical approaches consumed by technical groups
- Highly motivated and upbeat self-starter with proven organizational and time management skills; demonstrable experience operating at high standards of quality and accuracy within a fast-paced changing environment