Senior Platform Engineer (DataOps)
Posted on Sep 28, 2021 by LTS Resourcing
Our market leading client is looking to secure the services of a Senior Platform Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
As the Senior Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership along with the Lead Developer. They'll be a technical expert in helping deliver data-analytics pipelines to move data from business systems into the data-lake. You'll be biased towards reuse and automation of the process to minimise manual steps, as well as writing tests to monitor data as it moves along the pipeline to ensure its quality. Working within an agile/Kanban framework, a clear drive for delivery is required as well as strong organisation and problem-solving skills. You will provide technical leadership to the squad as well as within the development department on how best to create an agile DataOps architecture.
Required knowledge, skills & experience of a Senior Platform Engineer:
- Significant industry experience in DataOps, ingesting data into data pipelines, and testing of data quality within the pipeline
- Experience of creating automated and reusable DataOps pipelines
- Experience with Apache Kafka within an Event Driven Architecture
- Experience in end-to-end implementation of Snowflake cloud data warehouse.
- Snowflake design and engineering experience, certification is a plus and exposure to AWS.
- Expertise in Snowflake - Datamodelling, ELT using Snowflake SQL, implementing complex stored Procedures and standard DWH and ETL concepts.
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake utilities, SnowSQL, SnowPipe, Big Data model techniques.
- Deploy Snowflake following best practices and can extend the capabilities of Snowflake based on the development requirement.
- A background in SQL and principles of data warehousing.
- Experience of ETL design and dev, including Test-Driven development.
- Experience migrating from one data platform to another and holistically addressing the
- Experience with Python Experience with Terraform
- Experience with AWS Glue Experience with Lenses/KSQL/Kafka Streams
- Experience working within a Kanban framework unique challenges of migrating to a new platform.
- Experience with data operations/ETL
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Strong desire to constantly deliver value to the business
Our client is built on diversity. Their ambition is to build an inclusive culture where diversity is embraced, and everyone feels safe, respected, valued and able to thrive as part of a winning, engaged team.