Senior System Administrator - Network and Security
Posted on Sep 28, 2021 by Inavise Tech
Are you a System Administrator with 8+ years of experience with network and security? You must be an EU Citizen (due to security clearance) that is based in Belgium or willing to relocate. Apply now to speak with the team!
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- 2 technical certificates from the list below (or willing to obtain)
- Excellent knowledge of network administration (WAN-LAN) including: Cisco network devices/services (eg Routers, Switches etc: VLANs, ACLs, VPNs etc), F5 LB, AFM, basic APM, F5 LTM clusters, Cisco Nexus Switches (eg VLANS, HSRP, DHCP Relay, BGP, OSPF, etc), Juniper & Palo Alto Firewalls, Panorama, UID etc.
- Very good knowledge of Scripting languages (Powershell, Bash, Python, CLI, Perl, etc)
- Proven knowledge of working hands-on with Cloud Services and hybrid setups (integrating on premise and various Cloud Services)
- Proven knowledge of working in complex/segregated network environments
- Knowledge on network/server virtualization
- Network security knowledge
- SD-WAN knowledge
- Proven experience in various service configuration (complete deployments including/taking into account the service security and high availability/load-balancing related aspects)
- Extensive knowledge of Splunk;
- Experience in working with monitoring tools (Nagios, Solarwinds) (preferred)
- Desired: Expertise in Cloud network related services/technologies such as AWS/Azure
- Desired: Experience with Fireye
- Desired: Agile/Scrum experience/knowledge
- Languages: English
- EU citizenship due to security clearance
Certificates required (minimum 2 certificates not including ITIL):
- CCDP/CCNP, CCNA, CCDE/CCIE, CCAr or relevant certifications of F5, Juniper, Palo Alto/SANS certification
- Network Security related certifications.
- Splunk related Certifications
- SD-WAN related Certifications
- ITIL v3 certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Participate in the 2nd line support, Problem Management and on-call standby service;
- Debugging and analysing of reported problems and escalated incidents;
- Intervention on ICT infrastructure (Routers, Switches, security devices, F5etc)
- Perform operational management of the ICT network environment for HQ and Delegations:
- Performing backup/restore operations of network device configurations;
- Development of scripts to improve central management and control facilities (central alerting, central logging, central security policy implementation ).
- Serve as technical lead for planning, assessing, implementing and/or migrating of the production environment for HQ and Delegations.
- Preparation and test of new reference configurations (CRB) for any supported hardware; integration & testing of new software versions, service packs, configuration changes.
- Validation and testing of new procedures before release.
- Network administration & debugging tasks.
- On-site installation/migration/repair missions in delegations.
- Writing operational guidelines for the system administrators.
- End to end Implementation of architected solutions following a Low level design provided by the architects
- Offer support and technical consultancy for the ongoing projects.
- Implementation of changes related to the delivery of various solutions as part of a project but following the ITIL processes
- Deliver quality and detailed documentation related to the implemented services which cover but are not limited to Installation and configuration Guides, Operational procedures, various other service related mandatory documentation
- Drafting operational guidelines, procedures, installation notices and scripts for the integration, installation and upgrade of aforementioned component services;
- Perform knowledge transfer, service handover to operations and offer assistance with roll-out of new ICT infrastructure projects;
- Intervention on ICT infrastructure (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, F5 LB, etc);
- Development of scripts for automation of tasks and deployments
- Collaborate with external technology architects and engineers (QTM) and assist them in delivering the solutions