Posted on Sep 28, 2021 by St. Catherine University
St. Catherine University and the O'Neill Center for Academic Development invite applications for a full-time Administrative Assistant position working 30 hours per week.
The O'Neill Center for Academic Development provides academic support to all students and creates and promotes accessible and inclusive learning environments. The O'Neill Center for Academic Development is part of the Office of Academic Success and comprises tutoring and mentoring programs in the areas of Writing/Reading, Math/Science, along with general content tutoring, and tutoring for ELL students. This role is the first point of contact internally and externally and has daily contact with students. The Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact internally and externally and has daily contact with students. The Administrative Assistant also provides administrative support to the O'Neill Center staff.
- Greet and assist students, faculty, and staff as they enter the O'Neill Center
- Purchase office supplies and monitor printer/copier for supplies, repairs, etc
- Maintain calendars for O'Neill Center staff
- Answer the main O'Neill Center phone number
- Maintain the O'Neill Center website content
- Reconcile university credit cards of center staff.
- Create, update, and manage promotional materials (flyers, bookmarks, etc)
- Support and participate in orientation of new tutors
- Secondary supervision of tutors in the Center, especially during non-standard and summer hours
- Ensure tutors have necessary supplies, access to equipment
- Support maintenance of tutor services, scheduling, tracking and reporting
- Foster positive academic atmosphere for students and tutors who visit the O'Neill Center
- Support work of Director of O'Neill Center to include: book-keeping, clerical, tracking of services, preparation of memos, presentations, agendas, reports, other communications.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation's largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience in a customer service setting
- One year of experience in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- One year of experience with data entry and administrative support
- College coursework or a bachelor's degree
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to "love of neighbor without distinction" and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at or .
Application instructions for STAFF
For information, contact Stacy Dean at . The application deadline is September 29, 2021.
Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID -19 vaccination series unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation/exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine .
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free Workplace / Tobacco-Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: .
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.