Electronic Mechanical Assembler
Posted on Sep 28, 2021 by Vexos
Performs any combination of the following tasks to assemble electronic components, subassemblies, products, or systems: Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Retrieves components from shelves based on customer Bill of Materials and inventory management system
- Places/inserts electronic components manually into printed circuit boards
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device.
- Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, solders, glues, press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment.
- Cut, crimp and/or insert component lead wires into printed circuit boards
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, and color coding parts and assemblies.
- Tends machines that press, shape, or wind component parts. Operates wave soldering equipment.
- Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
- Performs on-line go-not-go testing and inspection, using magnifying devices, measuring instruments, and electronic test equipment, to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- May perform assembly operations under microscope or other magnifying device.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of quality systems beneficial