Posted on Sep 28, 2021 by Resource Solutions - GSC
Job Title: UI Developer
Client: AXA Ireland
Location: Dublin (mostly remote with occasional onsite work)
Duration: 3-6 months
Our Benefits include private healthcare, company pension scheme, staff insurance discounts and salary OTE €60,000 for the right experience. Work remotely with our Smart Working arrangements, as we champion flexible working, offer generous annual leave and are more than happy to consider full and part time hours with flexibility to suit you and our Business. Development is key and we offer generous education support and extensive online training tools.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, at AXA Ireland our values are at the heart of everything we do. We work together as One AXA, embracing our differences to make our teams great. We believe integrity, courage and our customer-first approach is what makes us a great place to work. AXA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from across all communities.
You'll be joining a tight-knit team of digital specialists in UI, UX, Product, Marketing and Data Analytics. You will be responsible for designing and developing reusable UI components and maintaining our React UI framework & UI pattern library. In addition, you will help our product teams implement UI changes in various websites and web applications. We'll provide you with all the tools, equipment and software you need to do your job remotely.
The main responsibilities include;
- Development and maintenance of our React UI framework.
- Work with UX designers & developers to extend and maintain our UI pattern library.
- Development of web pages, UI components and email templates, applying best practices for UX, SEO and compliance with WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility guidelines.
- Assist in UX research - user testing, A/B tests, web traffic analysis, etc.
- Create wireframes & interactive prototypes for new features.
Key Experience/Skills Required:
- 3+ years of experience working as a UI developer (preferably in an insurance/financial services industry), with experience of working in an Agile environment beneficial.
- Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS and CSS pre-processors (preferably SASS).
- Experience using source control systems (preferably GIT).
- Experience using package management software (NPM, Nuget) and build tools (Gulp).
- Experience developing for accessibility.
- Experience using Google Analytics and other data analysis tools.
- Some experience with Angular JS and C# .NET would be beneficial.
- An up to date portfolio of UI and related design work.
- Up to date with best practices, trends and emerging technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, with the ability to influence decision making at all levels including senior management.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons from across all communities.