Manager DevOps & SRE - Spain
Posted on Sep 28, 2021 by PSD Technology Contracts Ltd.
An experienced DevOps/SRE Specialist, looking to step up to a leadership role, my client is an international organisation providing technology and communications solutions to the aviation sector.
You will lead all aspects of SRE & DevOps with technical & data expertise to deliver the best and world-class user experience on the services that we provide. You will lead a team to build and run large-scale, fault-tolerant systems and services. Cultural fit is a must, as you will need to be self-motivated, a critical problem solver, data-driven, results-oriented, with a focus on delivering outstanding user experience.
You will manage the SRE-centric efforts across independent functional teams comprised of Architecture, Engineering, Security and Solution Architecture and will lead a strong and experienced team to negotiate requirements with demanding internal and external clients and pushing us toward project milestones, driving daily agile-like stand-ups to promote team communication and keep the team motivated.
Currently fully remote until restrictions allow, will move to a hybrid model of 3 days in office and 2 days from home. Role is based in Barcelona, Spain.
- Define Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for processes and drive the reporting associated with them.
- Accountable for process definition, promotion, and understanding of governance of the processes as well as driving implementation, adoption, and continuous improvement.
- Prioritize and maintain the backlog and ensure agile practices are performed in planning of weekly sprints.
- Identify inter-dependencies between the various partner groups to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated, and communicated.
- Build a knowledge base with lessons learned from incidents and support issues to support.
- Work with other teams to encourage DevOps practices (deployment, monitoring, observability, Scalability).
- Build software and systems to manage infrastructure and applications through automation Deployment.
- Establish Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements.
- A SRE who combines technical expertise with well-developed business acumen, strong analytic and problem-solving skills leading to effective decision making that enables process improvements.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills for working across the organization, capable of building strong relationships with peers and leadership.
- Experience managing transformational projects and organizational change management initiatives (1 or 2 in past)
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Ability to deliver quantitative metrics of the environment to help with planning and execution of service delivery
- Background infrastructure/DevOps/SRE for highly available, large-scale SaaS platforms (Azure) and experience with modern SRE & DevOps practices
- Solid understanding of software development, debugging, optimization, and/or troubleshooting - hands-on experience with common programming languages preferred
- Experience building large and geographically disperse infrastructure supporting business-critical cloud & on-premises services
- Nice to have some experience leading security concerns in hosted environments and operations identity management.
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux private and public cloud environment: Azure and/or AWS preferred
- Extensive experience leading teams responsible for customer facing systems in a high uptime 24-7 environment
- Expertise analysing sophisticated application, database, network, and OS issues across a distributed large-scale business critical system
- Strong Experience in Automation like centralised log, collection, monitoring, vulnerabilities patching and audits
- Strong experience in monitoring tools like Jira, NewRelic, Nagios and ServiceNow
- Good understanding of Internet protocols
- Strong experience with Puppet and Chef
- Experience with 24/7 Site Monitoring
- Strong experience with Docker or Kubernetes or others like Bamboo, BitBucket, Kafka
- Experience with either PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSql, MongoDB or Lucene
For further information regarding this opportunity please contact Nick Fraser at psd Group