Outside/Inside Plant Technician (Government)
Posted on Sep 27, 2021 by AT&T
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government . We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers? mission.
Our Defense Team supports our Nation's warfighters, providing, operating, and assuring critical voice, video, and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for Outside/Inside Plant Technician to support the Tyndall AFB in providing facility planning and connectivity.
- Survey facilities and develops site specific schematics; bill of materials; and subsequent construction drawings (floor plans; room plans; and rack elevation/equipment drawings).
- Analyze building floor plan diagrams; engineering drawings; and technical specifications to plan; coordinate; and carryout the installation activities outlined in site-specific installation plans.
- Installation of backboards; electrical metal tubing; raceway; ladder racks; equipment cabinets; inner duct; equipment grounding; premise copper and fiber optic cabling; fiber optic and distribution panels.
- Perform and document testing for copper and fiber optic structured cabling systems.
- Use hand tools to connect wires to terminals and to attach and detach various kinds of hardware to cable, etc. Work with color coded wires.
- Documents redline changes to engineering drawings; managing the change control process; and provide as-built drawings and test data for the finished project.
- Work with tools, equipment and cable that may be heavy which have to be loaded and unloaded from Company vehicle, moved, or rearranged.
- Communicate and coordinate with other work groups to perform test on work in progress or completed work and obtains additional information regarding work assignment.
Required Clearance: Minimum Secret (#secret)
3-5 years of experience or equivalent combination of training; certifications; work and/or military experience.
Desired Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Telecomm Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of training; certifications; work and/or military experience.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!