FTTP Cabling Ganger
Posted on Sep 27, 2021 by Trooli
A BIT ABOUT US
Here at Trooli, we're on a mission to banish buffering, vanish video call embarrassment and clear up those "up to" speed claims that give broadband a bad name.
How? By providing our new, guaranteed, ultrafast, full fibre broadband speeds to as many communities as possible across Kent, East Sussex and beyond.
We've already got the great network, now we need more great people to take us even further.
Think you can help? Here's why you should get in touch ...
-We're passionate about growth
We've come a long way in 2 years, from nothing to 50,000+ premises passed, 10 staff to over 100 and are now one of the most respected altnets in the industry - and that's just the start. But it's not just our network, we're passionate about ensuring our employees grow with us too.
-We're passionate about our people
At the heart of our culture is a belief that a company should be much more than politics and processes. That doesn't mean these don't exist, but it does mean that our people are the most important part of our business, that life here is that bit more fun and our high staff retention rates are something we're rightly proud of.
-We're passionate about our customers - wouldn't it be nice for a broadband network to be independent of Openreach and have complete control of where it builds and the experience our customers receive? Well, that's exactly what Trooli is and with an Excellent Trustpilot rating from our customers, it's clear we're doing something right!
Still interested? Read on...
The Ganger is an important role within the build team, you will be responsible for co-ordinating, prioritising and supervising the work within your own gang, ensuring that all works are carried out safely and to the business plan. Ensuring all works are carried out in line with approved method statements. The ganger will undertake team briefings as well as concise reporting of progress to Deployment Manager. You will carry out checks on plant and equipment ensure relevant permits are in place, assessing traffic management where required.. You will train and mentor cablers and be focussed on upskilling your team.
THE DAY JOB
- Responsible for the day to day running of the team and supervision of the gang
- Reporting to the DM on project progress and highlighting any risks
- Lead by example to others on site
- Order Stock
- Test rod and Rope Routes
- Identify Blockages
- Civils Avoidance
- Report Re-routes
- Submit A55
- Update APX with section Status
- Report 1024
- Photograph as-built and load on APX
- Record T Joints on APX
- Training within own team
- Build Quality
WE'LL LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU IF...
- A minimum of 1 years Telecoms experience
- A minimum of 1 years experience in leading gangs
- Experiencing in ordering stock
- Full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle
WE'D LOVE YOU IF...
- You are an organised and motivated individual
- You must possess exceptional communication skills
- Resilient mindset with focus on customer satisfaction beyond expectations.
- A working knowledge of fibre, routers, and broadband
- You must have a willingness to learn and grasp new skills quickly and have an interest in technology
AND IN RETURN, YOU'LL GET...
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Generous life insurance policy
- Company sick pay after qualifying period
- Career progression
- Free parking
- Friendly working environment
- Company laptop
- Employee referral scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- COVID secure and risk assessed employer