Posted on Sep 27, 2021 by Trooli
A BIT ABOUT US
Here at Trooli, we're on a mission to banish buffering, vanish video call embarrassment and clear up those "up to" speed claims that give broadband a bad name.
How? By providing our new, guaranteed, ultrafast, full fibre broadband speeds to as many communities as possible across Kent, East Sussex and beyond.
We've already got the great network, now we need more great people to take us even further.
Think you can help? Here's why you should get in touch ...
-We're passionate about growth
We've come a long way in 2 years, from nothing to 50,000+ premises passed, 10 staff to over 100 and are now one of the most respected altnets in the industry - and that's just the start. But it's not just our network, we're passionate about ensuring our employees grow with us too.
-We're passionate about our people
At the heart of our culture is a belief that a company should be much more than politics and processes. That doesn't mean these don't exist, but it does mean that our people are the most important part of our business, that life here is that bit more fun and our high staff retention rates are something we're rightly proud of.
-We're passionate about our customers - wouldn't it be nice for a broadband network to be independent of Openreach and have complete control of where it builds and the experience our customers receive? Well, that's exactly what Trooli is and with an Excellent Trustpilot rating from our customers, it's clear we're doing something right!
Still interested? Read on...
We're looking for someone that knows their Nmap from their Nessus to join our rapidly growing security function. You will make things more secure by reinforcing system boundaries, assisting other departments as a subject matter expert and performing risk management activities. Qualified candidates will typically have a background in cyber security, but we understand that routes into the industry are diverse, so would encourage you to apply even if you have no formal training.
THE DAY JOB
- Engineer and implement security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information
- Provide subject matter expertise on the implementation and architecture of new network developments, ensuring the correct security controls are deployed
- Monitor security controls across the organisation - including firewalls, IDS/IPS, network access control and vulnerability management tools
- Perform periodic penetration testing of systems
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate vulnerabilities and assist in the automation of repetitive processes
- Maintain a record of standard operating procedures and protocols
- Assist with providing company-wide training on information security, catering to the different requirements of departments throughout the company
- Produce reports that include assessment-based findings, outcomes, and recommendations for further improving system security
WE'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU IF...
- You have great communication skills and can explain technical issues clearly to non-technical personnel
- You understand modern threat actors, and how they operate
- You have a deep interest in networking and infrastructure
- You have knowledge of virtualisation, both on-premises and in the cloud
- You have knowledge of security compliance frameworks, like ISO, NIST and CIS
- You have an understanding of risk management
- You're well versed with Microsoft 365
WE'LL LOVE YOU IF...
- You already have any certifications like CompTIA Security+, GIAC GSEC/GCIH or SSCP
- You have good programming skills in Python, C, Go or any other popular language
- You have a practical understanding of how data is protected at rest and in transit, including TLS, PKI and key management
- You have experience with network security and network monitoring tools
- You are familiar with security tooling like Nessus or Nexpose
- You have exposure to Microsoft Azure
AND IN RETURN, YOU'LL GET...
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Generous life insurance policy
- Company sick pay after qualifying period
- Career progression
- Free parking
- Friendly working environment
- Company laptop
- Employee referral scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- COVID secure and risk assessed employer
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £55k Annual
£65k - £70k Annual
£40k - £48k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£49k - £52k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£53k - £53k Annual
£70k - £75k Annual
£53k - £58k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual