Posted on Sep 27, 2021 by Hopebridge, LLC
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for working with the Patient Accounts billing and posting team to analyze, review, reconcile and post patient accounts financial information and data to the Company general ledger.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Analyze and review Patient Accounts billing and posting information and reconcile posting to general ledger on a daily basis, including impact of held claims, unposted cash, claims denials, and other impacts of customer adjustments.
- Develop audit system to determine that billing and posting information properly reflect contracted fee schedule, contractual allowance, transfer to patient balance and write-off of uncollectible patient accounts.
- Perform testing to determine that Patient Account subledger balances are properly aged based on service and billing dates.
- Perform testing to determine that reports generated from Patient Account billing and posting system reconcile to source information.
- Work closely with Company auditors for preparation of financial audits related to Patient Accounts billing and posting system.
- Research accounting literature for implementation and management of accounting pronouncements and internal control policies and procedures.
- Monitor and analyze financial data against prior periods, budgets, and forecasts.
- Perform research for question related to accounting information for management and staff.
- Make recommendations to Patient accounts manager to increase efficiencies and effectiveness of processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or finance
- CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience with emphasis in patient accounts.
- 3+ years of regulatory reporting experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Combination of private industry and public accounting experience. Health care experience required.
- Advanced technical accounting knowledge coupled with exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and documenting policies and procedures-in a SOX environment.
- Experience with one of the following systems is preferred: NetSuite, Sage Inacct, Microsoft Dynamics 365, or Workday. Experience in working with Salesforce CRM system, commercial BI tool, and health care billing and collection systems.
- Possess high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
This is a high growth, fast paced organization. The ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment is critical.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must have full physical dexterity/agility or be able to independently position self and perform all movements required for effective treatment of each individual
- Must have sufficient corrected or uncorrected vision to carry out all duties and responsibilities
- Need to be able to lift and carry pediatric population (weight ranging from 5 to 50 lbs.)
- Multidisciplinary center that uses collaborative approach
- Inside office workplace where patients meet with therapists
- Comfortable environment for children and parents
The above statements reflect general functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in this job. The immediate supervisor may elaborate on or add to the above list if the duties come within the employee's realm of responsibility.
Hopebridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.