Data Architect - Healthcare
Posted on Sep 27, 2021 by Applied Informatics Limited
Software architecture and development consultancy seeks suitably experienced Data Architecture specialist with strong Health Information Management background to pick up and implement recommendations of previously developed Data Strategy. This is a F/T contract role beginning immediately, initially for 6 months with strong likelihood of continuation.
Good understanding of the practices and principles of managing patient data required, including storage, access, retrieval, protection, quality and retention.
Excellent client facing skills needed to engage effectively with business and technical stakeholders.
ROLE IS OUTSIDE IR35 FOR UK APPLICANTS.
Candidate will be responsible for:
- Collection, cataloguing and analysis of data requirements.
- Development of conceptual and logical data models to represent and communicate data requirements and to enable understanding of data assets.
- Design of system data and information flows.
- Management of data requirements and models.
- Advising on data transformation from one format or medium to another.
- Providing SME knowledge and experience of healthcare informatics best practice.
Skills and Experience
- Collection, cataloguing and analysis of data requirements to support the development of healthcare IT systems, data integration and data processing activities.
- Experience of developing conceptual and logical data models and architectures.
- Ability to assess data integrity.
- Experience of working on NHS (or other healthcare) programmes aimed at delivering technology-facilitated business change, and involving multiple business and technical stakeholders, systems and suppliers.
- Knowledge of current healthcare interoperability standards.
- Knowledge of relevant healthcare data protection requirements, ie GDPR.