Posted on Sep 27, 2021 by First Horizon Bank
Under direct supervision, the Accounting Specialist performs a variety of routine and some non-routine functions in accordance with standard accounting procedures that may be somewhat difficult in nature, but involve limited responsibility. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: inputting data into systems, retrieving and compiling reports to create reporting schedules, maintaining accounting records for lease accounting, and assisting in other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Actively support the completion of period end closing activities and quarterly/yearly reporting related to lease accounting
- Maintain accurate and detailed accounting records for lease accounting
- Compile, analyze and reconcile assigned balance sheet general ledger accounts, this process includes taking appropriate action to research and clear items on a timely basis
- Post general ledger journal entries on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Provide support for other accounting service areas or other departments through assistance in problem resolution and research related to responsibilities assigned.
- Ensure accounting records and schedules are maintained in compliance with accounting standards and internal policies and procedures
- Assist in special accounting projects and/or ad-hoc requests as assigned by supervisor
- Conduct all activities in a professional manner that reflects the organization's culture and ethics
- High School Diploma, required
- Higher level accounting courses from an accredited university/college, preferred
- 1-2 years of related accounting experience, preferred
- Intermediate excel skills including knowledge of formulas, Pivot tables, etc.
- Possess strong verbal, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
Ability to comprehend and adhere to all Federal and State banking regulations including compliance with the bank's Bank Secrecy Act/Anti Money Laundering (BSA/AML) program. Follows all Company policies and procedures, and successfully participates in regulatory and Company training requirements via multiple and variable delivery methods.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.