Posted on Sep 27, 2021 by Octo Consulting Group
As a Mid-Level DevOps Engineer at Octo, you will work in an agile environment to deliver high quality CI/CD automation and cloud infrastructure services as part of a scrum team creating and maintaining mission-critical applications. You are an engineer who is comfortable working side by side with developers, product managers, designers, and customers, making decisions together to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. You have a passion for high-quality, reliable, and maintainable code. You are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we are doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we are doing right so we can improve on it.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client's missions.
The program you will be supporting has a mission to provide development, security, and operations (DevSecOps) support to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with a focus on development, operations, and modernization of complex, large-scale identity management systems for public-facing websites and IT systems in the cloud. The team utilizes open-source technologies, agile project management practices, and modern DevSecOps delivery to support enterprise systems critical to the services provided by USCIS to members of the public.
Skills & Requirements
- Proficient in cloud engineering, building, delivering, and managing hybrid cloud environments; proficiency in AWS preferred
- Experience using CI/CD tools like Gradle, Docker, GitHub, Chef, Nexus, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat, SonarQube, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Linux experience including experience with Shell scripting, networking, storage and release management
- Experience with at least one development language such as Java, Python, Ruby, Java Script, etc.
- Design, develop and operationalize new processes such as on demand environment provisioning
- Mentor the team on standard best practices around CI/CD and enforce quality gates via pipeline design
- Identify opportunities for refinement, tools consolidation, continuous improvement, and cost-savings
- Stay abreast of new capabilities offered by open-source tools and cloud services in order to proactively and regularly provide recommendations to incorporate them
- Adhere to security regulations per NIST 800.53 rev 4 by delivering security architecture, artifacts, and reviewing scan results as needed
- Work as communicator, and collaborator in a multi project, multi contractor environment
- Experience in a SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) environment
- AWS certification preferred
Years of Experience:
- 4+ years' relevant experience working in progressively more responsible relevant roles
- 5+ years of relevant experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline - Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, and work experience.
Location: Tysons, VA - Currently fully remote due to COVID-19.
Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a Government Agency clearance.
Octo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$100k - $120k Annual
$120k - $140k Annual
$140k - $170k Annual