Senior .NET Developer
Posted on Sep 27, 2021 by Charles Schwab
Charles Schwab's Software Engineers thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. The Advisor Service Technology Trading Team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to develop applications used by Advisor Service Trading. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and agile team environment. The ability to deliver innovative, low cost, reliable solutions is key to success in this role. Our Software Engineers are driven to learn, grow, and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.What you are good at
- Contribute to the design, development, testing, deployment, and support of Advisor Services Trading systems.
- Effectively translate user requirements into technical designs.
- Partner with Solution Architects and Platform Architects to ensure implementations meet the solution architecture and design.
- Align the solutions with the platform strategy.
- Learn about the business of Schwab and Advisor Services, and identify opportunities to improve the client experience with your technical solutions.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, product owners, and end users to creatively solve problems.
- Advocate for agile practices to increase delivery agility.
- Create, maintain and ensure adherence to development, coding and testing standards.
- Assist with introduction of new technologies by implementing Proofs of Concepts (PoC).
- Support your solutions throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years demonstrated real world experience in one or more Object Oriented languages (.NET preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, web development, middleware, or database management.
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture.
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture.
- Knowledge and experience in RESTful service design and implementation required.
- Experience with Spring Framework, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud Data Flow is a plus.
- Experience using Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions and with PaaS concepts.
- Proven experience using mocking frameworks and writing unit tests and integration tests.
- Experience doing proof of concepts and reviewing designs with Lead Developers and Architects.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Ability to embrace modern architecture paradigms to maximize architectural agility.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience using Jira or other agile work tracking system.
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry is preferred.