Posted on Sep 26, 2021 by Civica Rx
Petersburg, VA 23803
Admin & Secretarial
Because patients should have the essential medicines they need when they need them. As a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, nonprofit generic drug company created by hospital systems and philanthropies, Civica's mission is to reduce and prevent drug shortages while assuring quality generic medicines are accessible and affordable to everyone.
Because the United States experiences chronic shortages of essential generic medicines used daily in hospitals, we are building a state-of-the-art sterile injectable manufacturing facility to combat these shortages. This new facility is part of our broad strategy to stabilize the supply of generic medicines for emergency rooms, surgeries, COVID-19 patient care, and an array of other serious conditions.
WHO CIVICA SERVES
While serving 50 health systems and 1,350 hospitals (or 30% of all licensed U.S. hospital beds), Civica also supplies the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the U.S. Department of Defense, and 340B hospitals caring for vulnerable patients in some of the country's most underserved areas. And recently, Civica contributed more than 2-million vials of essential medications to the strategic national stockpile.
With 40 sterile injectable medications under contract to supply our member hospitals, Civica is growing and on track to have 100 drugs under contract by 2023.
As we continue to grow, we have many exciting opportunities for multiple types of roles and with opportunities to progress YOUR career.
To find out more about how Civica's innovative model is directly impacting patient care, click here to read a recent article from the New England Journal of Medicine.
Commentary: The Health Care Utility Model: A Novel Approach to Doing Business
Intro to Civica
The Administrative Assistant provides support for the Civica Petersburg management team including heavy calendar management and successful coordination of business meetings. They serve as liaison between the Civica Petersburg management team and other departments within Civica, Inc. They exercise independent judgment in the resolution of administrative problems. They prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously reporting to the VP/GM of Civica Petersburg.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Managing calendars of the Civica Petersburg team as needed, requiring interaction with internal and external executives and assistants to schedule a variety of business meetings
- If needed, handles incoming and outgoing communications on behalf of the Civica Petersburg management team; routing incoming calls to the appropriate party quickly and efficiently.
- Arranging travel arrangements and reservations for the Civica Petersburg team as needed.
- Independently creating well-organized, grammatically correct memos and reports for distribution to members of various departments
- Assisting with special events planning
- Using various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate, and/or format data and/or reports
- Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
- Exercising administrative judgment; assuming responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results impacting staff, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Two or more years of experience as an administrative assistant.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and proficiency in business vocabulary to effectively represent the executive and the company to outside parties
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
Fort Wayne, IN