Posted on Sep 25, 2021 by EBSCO Industries, Inc.
At Luxor, we create an innovative and forward thinking culture that our employees love, and our products reflect this. As a manufacturer of innovative workspace product solutions that are sold to the commercial, educational, industrial and other end markets, we are constantly developing functional products that are value priced. Under our Stand Up Desk Store brand, we create workspace furniture solutions that nurture a healthy and collaborative work environment.
Job Title: Office Assistant
Reports To: HR Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Office Assistant provides administrative support for a fast-paced business office, primarily through general administrative, clerical, facilities management, and reception duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reception and Office Support at the Luxor HQ Office (Waukegan Office)
- Meet and greet visitors at Waukegan Office, manage main entrance which is open business hours
- Distribute daily internal/external mail and packages, alert recipients of their delivery/mail
- Facilities administration and management support for Waukegan Office and the Gurnee Warehouse
- Create and manage a Service and Maintenance Calendar for each location, including all periodic services and preventive maintenance activities required, vendors responsible, and relevant service agreements
- Schedule and monitor services provided, confirm provided, and approve invoices before submitting to AP for payment
- Proactively identify and suggest improvements to vendors used, services used, service agreements, and possible new services to protect our investments in facilities while minimizing expenses
- Maintain schedule for safety activities in each of the Luxor facilities and document completion for each, following up on overdue activities, and communicating to management when necessary. Activities include but not limited to: Fire Safety Drills, Storm/Tornado drills, on site oversight when possible, reporting any improvement as witnessed with management during each activity.
- General Administrative support for HR, Accounting and President
- Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, shipping/mailing. Assist HR and Accounting teams as requested with periodic filing to maintain organized filing systems
- Maintain HR Organization Charts for all cross functional departments
- Be a centralized point for all company communication activities
- General administrative tasks including filing, scanning, shredding, etc.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Supplies management monitor, order and maintain sufficient levels of Office Supplies, Kitchen/Coffee Bar supplies, Janitorial/Cleaning/Restroom supplies
- Coordinate all company and large group meetings including meeting materials, reserving and preparing rooms and/or facilities, supporting meeting host with setup and preparation, and ordering and setting out refreshments and catering
- Support and assist other departments and functions as required / needed
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with individuals at all organizational levels
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to multi-task and time manage effectively, managing projects to completion on or before deadlines
- Must possess a commitment to excellence with a strong attention to detail, and very strong organizational skills
- Positive Can Do Attitude
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- High School Degree required
- Minimum 1-3 years of work experience, in a related position strongly preferred, or a combination of education and experience. College level coursework is preferred
Computer equipment and level of software requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
Specific Knowledge, licenses, certifications REQUIRED:
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- General Workplace, Safety
PHYSICAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT :
- Usual office working conditions
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the essential levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$17 - $18 Annual