Software Development Lead-IAM/IdAM
Posted on Sep 25, 2021 by Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
Methods is recruiting for a Software Development Lead with Strong full stack on Azure, Java/NodeJS, IDAM experience (OAuth/OIDC etc), bonus if you've worked with COTS (Okta/ForgeRock etc).
Location: National - Split between on site and home working as required.
Travel: The post holder will be home-based but, but you need to be able to travel & co-locate with customers if required
- Lead project teams, delivering high quality software through the agile process.
- Lead on the architectural design of projects.
- Help define and maintain best practices.
- Communicate with non-technical stakeholders and be able to explain technical issues to them.
- Be involved in winning new work, assist with writing bids and presenting at pitches.
- Be part of the recruitment process.
- Mentoring and supporting other developers.
- Lead and participate in community events
- Carry out regular 1-2-1 reviews with each report
- Carry out annual reviews for each report
- Provide mentorship and guidance
- Approve timecards, expenses and leave
- Feed in to pay reviews
- Manage performance of underperforming reports
- Extensive experience with at least one of Java or NodeJS.
- Extensive experience of software testing best practices (TDD, BDD)
- Extensive experience of using version control (Git, Github)
- Extensive experience with common software architectures (OOP, MVC) and database solutions
- Extensive experience with principles of continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with IDAM strategies (OAuth, OIDC)
- Extensive experience in agile ways of working and the associated tools
- Openness to new technologies and willingness to keep learning
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel as required
- Experience managing small teams
Methods is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Be part of exciting project work that is making a difference in society
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A supportive and collaborative environment
As well as this, we offer:
Development access to LinkedIn Learning, a management development programme and training
Wellness 24/7 Confidential employee assistance programme
Social - office parties, pizza Friday and commitment to charitable causes
Time off 25 days a year