Posted on Sep 25, 2021 by Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
Methods is driven by a desire to improve public services for the benefit of all the people who use them, leveraging current technologies to deliver user centred solutions and having an internal culture that allows our staff to express themselves and be innovative.
The Open Platforms and Code team here at Methods is currently a small friendly team split across London, Cardiff and Birmingham. We are looking to scale up our team to meet our clients growing demand to deliver quality solutions.
As part of the team, you may be required to travel within the UK to meet and work with clients. But you will get to work on a wide variety of types of projects and learn and work with lots of different technologies. Our core technology stack currently includes Python, Go, React, Java and Ruby; but we believe in using the best technology for each situation, so we are always trying new tools and learning new languages
Location: National - Split between on site and home working as required.
Travel: The post holder will be home-based but, but you need to be able to travel & co-locate with customers if required
Note: must be eligible for Security Clearance
As a Python developer at Methods, you will work on projects where you will be expected to be able to develop new features with minimal oversight required, whilst support will be available when needed to help you improve your skill set. You will also take part in code reviews and sprint ceremonies. Aside from working on projects you will be given personal development time and will be expected to look to improve your existing skill set and expand into other technologies.
- Deliver features through the agile process, with minimal oversight.
- Provide pointers and support to less experienced developers as required.
- Be part of defining best practices for the team.
- Participate in community events
- Experience with Python.
- Experience of software testing best practices (TDD, BDD)
- Experience of using version control (Git, Github)
- Familiarity with common software architectures (OOP, MVC) and database solutions
- Openness to new technologies and willingness to keep learning
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel as required
- Familiarity with agile ways of working and the associated tools
- Familiarity with principles of continuous integration and deployment
- Familiarity with web accessibility requirements and associated tooling
- Awareness of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Methods is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Be part of exciting project work that is making a difference in society
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A supportive and collaborative environment
As well as this, we offer:
Development access to LinkedIn Learning, a management development programme and training
Wellness 24/7 Confidential employee assistance programme
Social - office parties, pizza Friday and commitment to charitable causes
Time off 25 days a year
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£100k - £140k Annual
£100k - £120k Annual
£50k - £50k Annual
£22k - £27k Annual
£70k - £85k Annual
£50k - £50k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£400 - £400 Daily