Application Architect, Java, Perm, Richardson, TX
Posted on Sep 25, 2021 by Electronic Transaction Consultants LLC
Application Architect (Java) Perm
Are you looking for a role to make a difference in the technological vision and architecture of a growing company? We are looking for an architect to help us optimize our technology stack and build the future of our Back Office technology. ETC has a culture that fosters innovation and passion, come join our team.
This position includes the following duties. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. The Application Architect I works with all areas of the business to identify and prioritize RITE Solutions enhancements. The RITE Solution is our proprietary vertically integrated CRM/ERP package. Responsible for gathering requirements, specifying software architectural design, creating software application framework, estimating, implementing, and delivering the designed solutions to both internal and external Customers. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Essential Functions (fundamental, crucial job duties performed in a position. include how the person is to perform them including frequency of tasks)
- Provide design oversight to Preliminary and Detail Design of RITE Solutions enhancements and/or extensions across all software development/integration projects
- Guide RITE Solutions implementation and delivery following established SDLC process
- Lead the adoption of best practices in software quality management including In Process Metrics for Software Testing and Automated Unit Testing across all projects
- Dictate the sharing of proven RITE components across all projects
- Support development and update of RITE Solutions requirements, design, and user documentation in Foundation Library
- Offer corporate level Subject Matter Expertise of sub-systems/modules of RITE Solution suite to technical teams across all projects
- Participate in business proposal development process and providing technical response to RFP
- Keep pace with technology trends and providing technology adoption and/or migration strategies
- Collaborate with Systems and Database Architects in maintaining full compliance of 3rd Party hardware and software licenses
- Collaborate with Security Officer in maintaining full compliance of security standards and policies including PCI standards and certification
Demonstrates hands-on experience in full development life cycle and architecture of Enterprise scaled software applications utilizing Object Oriented Analysis, design, and implementation of web based Applications. Demonstrates expertise in Java/J2EE, JDBC, Web services, EJB 3, JSP, JUnit, Hibernate, Java Servlet, Struts, and Spring. Knowledge of Weblogic, JUnit, Containers, Cloud based applications, Kubernetes, SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle technologies is a plus.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent professional experience required. Masters degree preferred
- 5+ years professional experience with increasing responsibilities in the enterprise scale software development and integration field
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and best practices in quality management including In Process Metrics for Software Testing and Automated Unit Testing
- In-depth toll industry and RITE Solutions knowledge with ability to prepare technical response and level of efforts to Request for Proposal (RFP), deliver oral presentations, and explain complex technical concepts in simple terms
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with Customers, peers, and management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Strong leadership with the ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving success
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Electronic Transaction Consultants provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, promotions, and transfers without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
ETC offers a valuable benefits program designed with you and your family's health and wellness in mind. The following is a non-exhaustive list of some of the benefits offered to FT ETC employees.
- 12 company-paid holidays, including 1 floating holiday
- Flexible time off
- Flexible schedules and WFH available for most roles
- 401K- ETC employees are eligible to participate in a generous company-sponsored retirement plan with employer match, 100% vested within two years
- Medical Insurance
- Medical premium discount
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Multiple Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options to meet your and your family's needs
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Short term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym membership discount
- Legal Shield and Identity Theft protection
- Pet insurance