Linux System Administrator
Posted on Sep 25, 2021 by RTX
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) is currently seeking a mid-level Linux System Technologist to join our team. The System Administrator must have broad knowledge of computer software, hardware, storage and networks. This position will focus on the deployment and sustainment of systems within the RI&S ASIC Design Center.
The candidate selected for this position will perform Linux, Windows, and Storage Administration. Duties for this Systems Administrator role include, but not limited to providing computing support to Linux environments; troubleshooting and resolving incidents related to software and hardware; assisting in designing, implementing and supporting multi-platform computing environments with varying complexities.
The candidate is expected to work well independently under limited oversight. The candidate is expected to be self-directed, able to prioritize work, possess excellent problem solving, verbal and communication skills, customer focused, and organized. The candidate also has the responsibility for communicating with parties external to IT such as customers or vendors. The candidate will need to have experience in providing technical solutions to a wide range of problems that are difficult and moderately complex.
- Administer and maintain integrity of networked Linux Workstations including deployment, security updates and patches
- Coordination and execution of deployment, maintenance and compliance activities with end users
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users and analyze and isolate issues
- Evaluate and adjust system performance
- Integration/configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services (eg Active Directory and/or LDAP)
- Implement and support cybersecurity requirements on networked and stand-alone workstations and Servers
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is consistent with Raytheon security practices
- Perform network address assignment
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers
- Work with a geographically diverse team
- Make recommendations for future upgrades and changes to policy
- Able and excited to learn and work with cutting edge software and technology
- Experience with remote access technologies for Linux GUI environments such as RDP, VNC, HPRGS, Exceed TurboX
- Experience providing technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Strong communication skills and customer interaction skills with users of all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting core Linux capabilities within a mixed environment including Active Directory authentication, permission management, DNS, Samba, package management, NFS AND CIFS
- Knowledge of AD, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, CIFS, and multi-platform system security
- Demonstrated proficiency managing Linux systems
- General understanding of network services
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance
- Management and troubleshooting experience with Exceed TurboX
- Management of Linux systems using Red Hat Satellite Server
- Configuration control/DevOps experience (Chef, Puppet, CFEngine, JIRA, Jenkins, etc)
- Requirements gathering, designing, and implementing appropriate solutions in an integrated environment
- Experience applying compliance and hardening objectives (STIGs, SAPs)
- Understanding of network services as related to Linux and Microsoft Windows environments (eg DC, GC, DNS, DHCP, CIFS, etc)
- Automation of tasks? Shell, Python, Perl, Ansible, Chef, PowerShell, etc
- Management of ESXi and vCenter Hyper Visor environments.
- Management of storage appliances such as NetApp.
- Experience with ASIC design software
- One of the following technical certs: Security+, CISSP, CNA, RHCSA, RHCE, MCP and/or MCSA, or similar
Minimum Education Required
Typically, Bachelor degree in Computer Sciences, Technology and 2 years experience or 10 years relevant experience in lieu of degree
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position may need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date 186259
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.