Data Centre Architect - initial 1-year +2x 1-years - Strasbourg - EU-client - SC desired
Posted on Sep 25, 2021 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for 1x "Data Centre Architect" for STRASBOURG (100% on-site from day #1, EU-nationals ONLY) to start ASAP (not before DEC2021) an initial 1-year contract (initial 12-month +2x 1-years extensions possible, EU-agency-client).
EU nationals ONLY (due to the "EU" security certifications required). We can't accept any longer UK-consultants, as long they don't have EU-SECRET clearance or another EU-citizenship.
- Our client is an international organisation and a great reference in any CV! English speaking environment.
- The start might be off-site because of Corona for some weeks (tbc), but then the position will be on-site in Strasbourg.
This is a real longterm contract with possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability ( initial1-year, where additional 2x220 = 660 w/days in total are foreseen).
EU nationals ONLY (due to the "EU" security certifications required). We can't accept any longer UK-consultants, as long they don't have EU-scurity-clearance or another EU-citizenship (after Brexit the UK-consultant can't get any longer "EU" security clearances, which is mandatory for this position).
- A Security clearance (SC) will be required for this position, if you don't have a valid SC, we will guide you. Our company is holding "FSC - Facility Security Clearance", so we are able to guide/sponsor you through the "PSC - Personal Security Clearance" procedure.
- Start date ASAP means in the November-December period
- Assist in the design, architecture, implementation, security and support of data center environments and solutions
- Assist with development of future state Data Center systems and designs
- Perform capacity planning (power, cooling, rack spacing)
- Assist in the implementation of industry best practices for data center engagements
- Act as an expert for data center projects
- Execute industry best practices in data center deployments, integration, testing, and packaging of infrastructure documentation and application solutions
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT
- Provide senior consultancy support on IT Building Infrastructure
- Provide senior consultancy support on IT work place strategies.
- In charge of the synchronization between the building project team and DataCentre, IT operation and ICT teams for technical aspects.
- Performing regular meetings with the project core team and the IT and DataCentre teams to follow- up on activities, tasks during all the project's phases
- Supporting the Project manager by providing the requested documents and reports
- Experience working extensively with different Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) such as Cisco, Brocade, Checkpoint, IBM, EMC, HP, Bull, NetApp, and Dell in implementing Solutions for Networks, Security, Storage, Backup and Compute Infrastructure
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands-on-experience related to Data Centres.
- In depth knowledge of technologies related to racks, business continuity/disaster recovery.
- In depth knowledge of capacity planning (power, cooling, rack spacing) practices
- In depth knowledge of patching and cabling installations.
- Familiar with infrastructure implementation/management, service/operations management, etc.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux/Windows virtualisation and "Infrastructure As A Service" architecture
- Experience facilitating meetings with multiple customers and technical staff, including building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary
- Experience in project and task planning
- Familiarity with various requirements gathering techniques
- Proof read communication, documents, draft emails, etc. as needed in English
- Experience of at least 3 years in IT buildings cabling (regulation, norms and acceptance procedure) for both copper and optical fibre
- Experience in Servers room design
- Familiarity with IT networks
- Familiarity with BMS and its protocols and automates
- Familiarity with Wireless network (physical installation, good practices)
- Experience in Multimedia installations and end-user equipment especially on the workplace strategy
- Ability to write specification documents in cooperation with different teams
- Ability to put into place process to check if the administrative and technical deliverables are in accordance with the specifications
EU nationals ONLY (due to the security certifications required).
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described.
- This position requires "security clearance level: EU SECRET". If the candidate doesn't have a Security Clearance (SC) yet, then he/she can start working, when presenting:
- A criminal record (from his/her home country), plus ID-card copy, and
- A prove that we have started the proceed to obtain the SC. Our company is holding "FSC - Facility Security Clearance", so we are able to guide/sponsor you through the "PSC - Personal Security Clearance" procedure.
Europass-CV-format (DOC) will be required at a later stage, it's mandatory, we can provide template.
- This role would likely be initially remote for some weeks, with the expectation to work 100% onsite after the restrictions have been lifted.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.
If this sounds of interest, then please get in touch ASAP so we can talk about the role and your experience.