Blue Yonder Functional Analyst
Posted on Sep 25, 2021 by TalentHawk
The New & Existing Markets Programme includes the rollout of People Systems (Workday, Workforce Management (WFM), Payroll and associated integrations) in 4 new countries in Central & Eastern Europe between 2021 and end 2023. It also includes the implementation of Workday, WFM and associated integrations in Belgium, Austria and Germany within the same timeframe.
The Technical, Functional and Business Process expert for Blue Yonder WFM, this role is responsible for ensuring that the application configuration and business processes work as designed and acts as the escalation point for significant configuration or process issues received from the New and Existing Markets Programme, bringing issue resolution and solution development.
The role will be responsible for leading on the design, development, deployment and hypercare support of the Blue Yonder WFM application functionality across the New and Existing Markets Programme. The Lead will manage their Blue Yonder analyst(s) and work closely with the Integrations, Workday and Payroll Teams, Implementation Partner and the local P&C/HR teams utilizing the application.
Reports to: Existing Markets/New Markets Project Manager
Location: Dublin (and/or remote)
- Technical, functional and business process expert for Blue Yonder WFM.
- Validate that the Blue Yonder system configuration completed by the implementation Partner is configured in line with best practices, taking into consideration both the global design framework and the country specific legal requirements.
- Facilitate design workshops with the country P&C, Implementation Partners and Payroll to gather and document WFM business requirements and provide inputs into the Implementation Partner's design workbooks.
- Work closely with the Implementation Partner on Blue Yonder deployment and support activities.
- Collaborate with the Project Business Analyst(s) and other key stakeholders (eg P&C, Integrations, Payroll and Workday Teams) to accurately capture and document the Blue Yonder WFM Business Requirements for the relevant countries.
- Work closely with the Blue Yonder Implementation Partner to gain an understanding of WFM business requirements, on analysis, proof of concept, configuration of Blue Yonder product modules and creating documentation as needed.
- Drive the design, configuration and deployment of Blue Yonder system enhancements in scope for the countries within the Change Management governance framework..
- Escalation point for process or configuration issues raised by programme colleagues and P&C end users
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Testing phase; support the testing activities by contributing to the development and review/sign off of the Requirements Traceability Matrix and test scripts to ensure full test coverage to verify the solution works as designed. Participate in daily defect triage meetings
- Support the WFM user acceptance testing with local P&C and other key users.
- Training & Communications; Responsible for the preparation and translation of training materials and scenarios, coordinating with the Translation Partner, and the scheduling and delivering training to P&C.
- Reporting; Ensure reporting requirements are documented, customizations are delivered and tested pre- go live.
- Go- live/hypercare:
- Responsible for supporting Blue Yonder cut over and hypercare activities after go live.
- Support the Implementation Partner with creation of functional and technical systems documentation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve configuration issues
- Work closely with Project Manager to support Existing Markets Works Council activities required to gain approval for BY application pre go live.
- Keep up to date with Blue Yonder WFM application technical and functional changes and improvements.
- Manage the Blue Yonder analyst(s) on the team.
- Excellent technical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communicator - ability to navigate and work with people at all levels and internationally.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills - diplomatic, discreet, trustworthy and have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all levels both within the Programme and in the external environment.
- Ability to complete required application training. Ability to learn and effectively use new technologies.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical ability to solve both business and technical problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with team members and leadership.
- Must have the ability to work on their own initiative;
- Proven experience in demonstrating the ability to work in fast paced projects and as part of a team. The core project team is already in place and therefore the successful candidate needs to able to fit in and hit the ground running;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Operate with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism.
- Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience delivering solutions with 3rd parties
- Experience of working with cloud-based systems
- IT experience in the HR, Retail or Finance sector.
Blue Yonder experience or similar T&A or WFM experience or training preferred