Biomedical Data Curation And Anonymization
Posted on Sep 24, 2021 by Aerotek
Our client, one of the biggest Pharmaceutical companies based in the Basel area, is looking for a Biomedical Data Curation and Anonymization Specialist to join their team.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support research and development projects in digital pathology. You will be working with multiple stakeholders to locate, transfer, and prepare the data for use by pathologists and data scientists.
This is a 1-year contract with the possibility of extension. The desired start date is 1st November.
- Run data anonymization algorithms on digital pathology images, image metadata, clinical data, and genetic data.
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimization of digital pathology image/data anonymization algorithms.
- Use and improve metadata storage and management tools.
- Manage digital pathology project data, curate image, clinical, and genetic metadata.
- Support data transfers and ingestion from internal and external parties, carry out technical quality control on ingested data.
- Communicate with external data providers about data transfer requirements, share technical issues with vendors, oversee and contribute to their resolution.
- Work closely with groups across the organization to locate and access data from diverse company internal systems.
- Min. Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field, or 3+ years working experience in a data curation, data anonymization or data management role (*).
- Experience with general tools and techniques used in anonymization workflows and practical experience with R and Python (*).
- Demonstrated communication skills of technical information, both understanding and expressing requirements from stakeholders with a high level of bioinformatics expertise (ie an ability to both work with and communicate about large datasets containing imaging, clinical, demographic, genetic etc. data) (*).
- Practical experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP) (*).
- Experience in managing large datasets (*).
- Business fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Ability to work independently, follow up on verbal discussions with concrete action steps, and take initiative.
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience with digital pathology or imaging and clinical data.
- Familiarity with Data modelling.
- Familiarity with database software and organizational systems such as LIMS.
Job Title: Biomedical Data Curation And Anonymization Specialist (IT)
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Rate/Salary: 60.00 - 65.69 CHF Hourly
Job Type: Contract
Aerotek, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. Aerotek is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available on the website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to the website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.