Lead Test Engineer
Posted on Sep 24, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
LEAD TEST ENGINEER
LOCATION: 100% REMOTE
Looking for a candidate with Selenium with JAVA/ETAP Framework, Python Pytest Framework and Mobile Automation test strategy. You will be doing the execution design and development of an organizational test strategy. Creation and execution of Automation test scripts
Skills required in the resume: Selenium with Java (ETAP framework), Python (PyTest framework) and mobile automation.
Candidate must have experience in test strategy and execution -This is not a test automation role or a Test PM. Manager wants a technical resource that understands the design and development of an organizational test strategy.
- Define and implement a test strategy that enables and supports a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline and work across multiple teams to ensure the test strategy is implemented and followed
- Provide technical and strategic leadership around automation and maintain high complexity modifications to test automation architecture and functional, mobile, performance or web-services framework
- Collaborate with delivery partners and developers to build solutions on testing and automation to achieve CI/CD
- Consult and provide direction on test environment issues; act as SME for external environment team communications
- Quality advocate across the enterprise - mentoring and leading junior team members to influence quality across all areas including development, business, product management etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels internal and external to their team
- Decision maker and problem solver across all teams influencing strategies and technologies for best practice
- Assess areas across the enterprise and lead teams to anticipate and prevent potential issues and articulate dependencies to the stakeholders
- Participate in Scrum Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities - prepared to take on any role within an Agile team and participate in Sprint planning, release planning and backlog refinement, retrospectives
- 8 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- *The manager is looking for the following required skills demonstrated in the body of the resume; Selenium with Java (ETAP framework), Python (PyTest framework), Mobile Testing (Selenium).
- Experience constructing test plans and executing these plans across functional, regression and system testing and a solid understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Practical experience with at least one of the following areas: Java, C#, Python, .NET, Selenium, UFT, SQL
- Experience using test management tools (eg HPQC, Jira - Zephyr)
- Experience utilizing automation tools (eg Eclipse, IntelliJ, Maven, TestNG)
- Experience with Source Code Management Tools (eg Git, TFS, RTC)
- Practical experience in at least one of the following areas: Web service testing, Performance testing, Continuous integration
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Web Services in relation to software testing
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Agile methodology
- Experience mentoring/teaching junior team members
- Strong communication & analytical skills