Senior Financial Auditor (Insurance) - Dublin
Posted on Sep 24, 2021 by Apollo Solutions
Senior Internal Auditor (Insurance) - Dublin
A multinational insurance company is currently looking for a Senior Internal Auditor, based in Dublin
You will be responsible for assisting in the planning, execution and reporting of audits within the business and supporting wider audit delivery in subsidiaries, in order to provide an independent and objective assessment of internal controls to management, They will also support the wider development of the Group Internal Audit function.
Key Contribution Areas:
- Ensures the effective completion of audit phases
- Effectively communicates with IA management and leadership on audit status, issues and reporting.
- Drafts audit issues and develops valid conclusions resulting in specific business process and internal control recommendations, while considering implementation requirements.
- Effectively executes and documents testing associated with the field work phase of the audit, including ensuring that all required audit steps are adequately satisfied, appropriate conclusions reached and issues documented.
- Produces high quality internal audit outputs which require limited update/rework before presentation to senior audit management.
- Demonstrates ability to use standard Internal Audit techniques for information gathering and risk assessment, fieldwork and issues reporting.
- Adheres to Internal Audit departmental audit standards and other relevant external professional auditing standards (eg IIA professional standards).
- Assists in the development of Internal Audit departmental audit methodologies, processes and tools.
- Supports action tracking follow-up with management for Audit Committee/Board reporting purposes.
- Supports the completion of annual risk assessment for assigned business units.
- Assists in the development and ongoing delivery of annual group-wide risk-based audit plan.
- CPA/ACA/ACCA/CIA designation (or equivalent) preferred.
- BA/BS/BSc (or equivalent) in Accounting, Auditing, Business (or similar field) desirable.
- Relevant internal and/or external audit experience required (typically 3-4 years, ideally including 'Big-Four').
- Knowledge of insurance/reinsurance industries, including corporate investment and corporate finance areas.
- Knowledge of Solvency II and general understanding of statutory reporting requirements.
- Proven track record within internal/external audit environment evidencing strong performance in conducting high quality audit work, findings and reports.
- Familiar with risk-based and business process focused audit approach.
- Strong computer skills with experience in system-based audits/data analytics would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
What's on offer
- Base salary of up to €60,000 (Dependent on experience) + Bonus & Benefits
- Flexible working model
- International travel opportunities
Apply now to be considered!