Posted on Sep 24, 2021 by Preston Pipelines
Milpitas, CA 95035
Admin & Secretarial
Job Code: 07-2021-PP-001
Union: Admin/Non Union Employee
FT/PT Status: Regular Full Time
Company: Preston Pipelines Infrastructure, LLC
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Status: Full-time, Exempt (Salary)
Assist Manager with various administrative tasks in a fast-paced construction office.
- Experience - Minimum of 5 years in construction office
- Education - Some college
- Valid drivers license / Clean driving record / Ability to travel
- Light physical demands - lift up to 25 pounds / Climb stairs
- Be available after hours as needed - do whatever it takes to get job done
- Knowledge of Microsoft (Outlook, Excel, Word, Calendar, Teams and PowerPoint), Adobe, Bluebeam, Timberline/Timberscan (Sage) Accounting program and all typical office equipment (printers/copiers/faxes).
Daily Office Tasks :
- Entering and maintaining calendar entries (Outlook)
- Maintain and update various logs
- Make file folders and miscellaneous filing
- Stock kitchen and bathrooms with needed supplies
- Monitor and restock office supplies
- Run miscellaneous errands
Estimating Department Tasks :
- Prepare Bid Documents for Estimators
- Delivery Public Bids for Estimators
- Search for potential projects Estimators to bid
- Update company project resume lists
- Assist Estimators with miscellaneous tasks
- Order Bid Bonds, Performance Bonds and Payment Bonds (P&P) as needed
Accounting Department Tasks :
- Assist Accounting Department with data entry in accounting program.
- Scan and attach files in accounting program
- Assist with retrieving documentation from subcontractors/vendors
- Prepare Monthly Credit Card Statement Reports
Operations Department Tasks:
- Assist Project Assistant with miscellaneous scanning and filing
- Handle all new hire paperwork for local office
- Gather ID and Certifications
- Drug Test
- Fill in for Project Assistant when on vacation and/or out of office as needed
- Purchase Orders/Subcontracts
- Preliminary Notices
Insurance Department Tasks :
- Entering and maintaining insurance data into accounting database (Timberline)
- Assist Insurance Manager with review of subcontractor/vendor insurance certificates
- Assist other sister companies with insurance needs
- Fill in for Insurance Manager when on vacation and/or out of office
- Assist with OCIP Insurance enrollments as needed
Contract Department Tasks:
- Fill in for Contract Administrator when on vacation and/or out of office
- Circulate contracts to team
- Order P&P Bonds
- Prepare Preliminary Information sheets for teams
- Prepare Insurance sheets for teams
Skills Required :
Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Communication - Communicating with Supervisors, Peers or Subordinates via phone/text/email or in person and ability to convey information effectively.
Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Time Management - Organizing, Planning and Prioritizing work.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
Fort Wayne, IN
Mountain View, CA