Posted on Sep 24, 2021 by Hope Services
Mountain View, CA 94040
Admin & Secretarial
Hope Services is Silicon Valley's leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We serve approximately 3,500 people and their families in six counties and provide a broad spectrum of services. Hope Services seeks candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all levels.
To provide comprehensive administrative/secretarial support to multiple programs.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
1. Typing and clerical work of a varied and specialized nature, including letters, memos, case histories, reports, lists, mailings, etc.
2. Assemble information from various sources and enter information onto a variety of forms and reports (including computer forms) such as purchase orders, invoices, check requests, sub hours, staff attendance, etc. and create additional forms as needed.
3. Maintain and process information and reports required for staff and client payroll, billing and invoicing. Maintain and verify program records, databases and files, i.e., client records, attendance, budget data, office files, staff/personnel records, etc.
4. Attends case review meetings and assures departmental compliance with record development and record keeping procedures and policies.
5. Answer phones, take messages, screen and distribute mail and use a variety of office machines, including computer, printer, copier, fax and calculator.
6. Attend staff meetings and take minutes when requested.
7. Provide clerical support to program staff and participate in agency support staff committee. Monitor and order office supplies and request maintenance or janitorial services.
8. Develop and maintain program handbook and desk procedure manual.
9. Assures completion of special projects as assigned.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. Perform other duties, as assigned, to insure efficiency of program services.
High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent plus one year of related experience working in an office environment
Required Knowledge and Skills
1. Knowledge of office methods, procedures and equipment.
2. Ability to organize time, set priorities and complete assignments.
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks.
4. Ability to relate with clients, public and staff in a positive manner.
5. Ability to exercise good judgement, self-pace and work with a minimum of supervision.
6. Basic computer knowledge in Windows 98, Work 97, Excel 97, and Access 97.
7. Type 55 wpm.
Typical office environment, equipment and tasks. Significant amount of time spent at computer station, typing, long periods of intense concentration. Constant review of documentation and reports, frequent phone use, constant interruption.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Visit to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
Fort Wayne, IN
Mountain View, CA