Head of IT Operations
Posted on Sep 24, 2021 by Robert Walters - Orbital
Orbital Education is a rapidly expanding group of International Schools and an internationally acclaimed provider of British International education. As an award winning, ambitious, and entrepreneurial private company, they seek an experienced and creative Head of IT Operations to support their rapid growth and manage their current IT estate moving forward.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to manage a growing international infrastructure team, offering a platform to develop your career within a fast paced and constantly expanding environment.
This role is office based in the group's South Manchester Head office, although offers some flexibility for remote working. Whilst regular international travel is not required, the role provides the opportunity of occasional international travel to support schools within our network.
Orbital Education is a specialist international education provider supporting the education of around 4,000 students from 114 different nationalities. They incorporate local culture, traditions and values into their curriculum offering to adapt and enhance the learning experience of their students.
The group is made up of nine schools spread globally across Latin America, Europe and Asia, in some of the most beautiful and culturally rich cities across the world. The group's 10th school will open in 2022, with funding to continue growth and further business expansion anticipated.
In recent years Orbital have achieved some outstanding accolades, including the Queen's Award for International Trade in 2019, and the Sunday Times International Track 200. Many of the group's schools are accredited through International Education bodies and have received their own awards for excellence, supporting the group's ethos of Internationally Acclaimed Schools'
The Head of IT Operations Role
The Head of IT Operations is integral to the management of Infrastructure support and employees across all group schools and our Head office.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Operationalising, implementing and developing the Groups IT Operations Strategy to provide direction and solutions that enhance student outcomes and ensure the seamless management of IT Infrastructure.
- Analysis, design, planning, implementation, and oversight of all elements of the Group's Information Technology Operations
- Working with key stakeholders across the globe to build and maintain IT infrastructure systems which are effectively managed and implemented
- Extensive industry experience in a Head of IT or similar position.
- Previous industry knowledge and experience within the Education sector or previous work within similar international service industry.
- Ability to influence and drive change to enhance IT service provision and capability.
- Experience managing multi-location IT projects and adapting management and guidance techniques to a different audience.
- Experience working within a complex environment providing excellent customer service and delivery standards to multiple stakeholders and suppliers.
- In-depth understanding and detailed knowledge of Infrastructure technologies, including networks and some data experience from a management and technical experience.
- Strong blend of analytical, decision-making and creative problem-solving skills.
- Satisfactory enhanced DBS check and Criminal Records (Police Check) disclosure, compliant with safeguarding and safer recruitment guidelines
- Experience working with Greenfield projects and giving general oversight, support and decision making.
- Previous experience working within the education sector would be highly desirable and appropriate for this role.
Working at Orbital
As an ambitious, growing, and entrepreneurial group, Orbital offers an exciting platform to further your career. They believe in progression and providing exciting opportunities for our employees, with an emphasis on collaboration and personal development. In this role you will have responsibility to support and lead the integration of new schools into the group, including new greenfield projects and acquisitions, working with an eclectic range of technologies and management, alongside inspiring colleagues and senior stakeholders on a day-to-day basis.
The company rates hard work, aspiration, creative thinking, collegiality, and personal integrity very highly, and seek these traits in successful applicants.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £60k Annual
£80k - £120k Annual
£80k - £100k Annual
£80k - £100k Annual
£85k - £100k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£21k - £25k Annual
£70k - £75k Annual