Posted on Sep 24, 2021 by Allen Lane Ltd.
Are you ready to join a Government department undergoing an exciting and significant Digital Transformation? Cabinet Office are seeking the appointment of a permanent Security Architect to help support the ambition to make UK Government digital services the best in the world.
As a Security Architect you will be a trusted advisor for security, responsible for delivering both hands-on solutions and providing information and cyber security advice.
You will work within the CDIO cyber security team and across the Cabinet Office and GDS in this fast-paced and diverse role. You'll be instrumental in implementing appropriately secure systems, security tooling and other solutions to solve cyber security problems.
As a Security Architect, your main duties will include to:
- Continuously improve the security of our platforms and services by cooperating with various stakeholders to identify, communicate and remediate cyber security issues
- Advise on the selection and implementation of security controls by assessing current threats and vulnerabilities associated with a service or technology
- Understand common and emerging vulnerabilities and threats
- Know how to stay up-to-date through sources such as OWASP and MITRE ATT&CK
- Support digital and service teams to implement security controls and be considerate of organisational objectives
- Communicate security issues and advice widely through various internal channels, including technical documentation, intranets and published guidance (like GDS Way)
- Help teams identify and promote security best practices to deliver robust, resilient, secure and scalable solutions
- Act as an ambassador for the cyber security team and promote the team's tools and services
In order to be effective as a Security Architect, Cabinet Office are interested in people who:
- Understand security isn't just a technology problem, that people and processes are essential to consider
- Can demonstrate extensive information and cyber security knowledge, particularly secure development and engineering practices, identity and access management and cryptography principles
- Appreciate security aspects end-to-end, from designing security controls before a system is developed to managing processes once a service is live, such as regularly iterating incident management and response plans
- Have performed threat modelling and design reviews against new and existing services
- Have experience with cloud-native technologies, particularly those in Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as AWS Lambda, CloudTrail and Kinesis
- Have software development experience to be able to build prototypes, review code and showcase cyber security solutions
Please see the job description for further information on the vacancy.
You will be assessed based on the following Behaviours:
- Changing and Improving
- Delivering at Pace
- Making Effective Decisions
Applicants will be required to provide an up to date CV and supporting statement (up to 1,250 words) detailing how you meet the requirements and behaviours listed above. You will also provide a completed diversity form.
To apply, please email.
Please note that this role requires SC clearance, which would normally require 5 years' UK residency in the past 5 years. This may mean that your security clearance (and therefore your appointment) will take longer or, in some cases, not be possible.
Cabinet Office are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organisation. You can find out more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion and read our equal opportunities statement on our Diversity and Inclusion page.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£600 - £700 Daily
£50k - £60k Annual
£60k - £80k Annual
£600 - £700 Daily
£600 - £650 Daily
£70k - £100k Annual
£585 - £585 Daily
£550 - £593 Daily
£80k - £100k Annual