Ops Technician - SDH / DWDM
Posted on Sep 23, 2021 by WDS Global Limited
Job Title - Ops Technician - SDH / DWDM
Location - London Docklands
Salary - £38k plus bonus and excellent benefits
Job type - Permanent
In this role you would be responsible for providing, owning and managing Tier 2 support for the EMEA customer base. The ETSC supports the Product Portfolio consisting of Transport, IP and Ethernet ensuring that all faults, planned work and activation requests are carried out to comply with SLA's and internal process.
The Main Responsibilities
- You will be required to be a point of contact for service-related escalations from internal and external customers. Handle situations that may require a high degree of sensitivity and use of sound independent judgment. Receive and respond to customer service escalations by providing accurate status updates and the go forward plan of action resulting in a timely resolution to the escalation.
- Manage customer experience, be a customer advocate. Our aim is to make the customer experience as effortless as possible.
- Provides feedback and input in developing, implementing and evaluating plans, work processes, systems and procedures to achieve annual goals, objectives and work standards.
- Support, manage and monitor services within the European Technical Service Centre (ETSC). Provide Tier2 technical support and driving faults to timely resolution. Manager escalations in line with SLA.
- Supporting customers during European Business hours via a shift pattern, receiving and resolving customer issues via phone, email and web-based portal.
- Relevant experience within a Customer facing/Service Desk or NOC role.
- Understanding of telecommunications/technology and products.
- Knowledge of IP technology.
- Knowledge of SDH/SONET technology and troubleshooting is essential.
- Knowledge of DWDM technology and troubleshooting equipment is essential.
- Knowledge of Ethernet technology.
- Ability to follow process and detailed instructions.
- Highly organized with the ability to plan ahead for short-medium term objectives.
- Keen problem solver.
- Team player and able to work independently.
- Organised and detail orientated.