Infrastructure Platform Architect
Posted on Sep 23, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Global Firm is currently seeking a Technical Infrastructure Architect. Candidate is responsible for optimizing, scaling and maintaining all aspects of a complex and expanding web application environment. They will be responsible for partnering with multiple teams and vendors to improve, automate, audit, and enforce standards, and implement required levels of stability and security controls to ensure application sustainability and grow potential. The applicant should be able to contribute to business-driven technology roadmaps by proposing robust, reliable, reusable and highly available IT solutions. The candidate must be comfortable operating in complex, diverse technology environment and have experience with delivering integrated, scalable, resilient and mission critical solutions.
- The Technical Architect establishes and maintains application-level architecture through the stages of planning, design and execution of all new platform buildouts. This includes the design patterns, quality and testing, development operations, and release management as part of the overall solution.
- The Technical Architect is responsible for oversight of solutions architects for application development and DevOps teams for all key infrastructure components with a focus on a cutting edge web application, helping to drive all aspects of delivery.
- Proactively identifies critical areas of technical debt and key performance concerns and solutions to resolve these in support of application capacity and performance requirements.
- Right-size our technical footprint and development solution.
- Coordinate insourced and outsourced resources on a day-to-day basis
- Future planning and strategy from concept through design and execution
- Works closely with multiple internal teams and third-party vendors to plan, design and execute projects that support our application strategies.
- Provides expert consultation to inform strategic technology and system decisions as well as tactical decisions related to project.
- Listening, drawing out key concepts and articulating advanced technical and non-technical concepts with ease (both written and oral formats) from customers, peers and management at several levels and across the organization with minimal oversight.
- Ability to solicit input from internal and external sources, including the ability to investigate and incorporate best practices from other corporations, experience and sound judgment.
- Shares best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions
- BS in Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years general technology experience, law firm experience a plus
- 6+ years high level server/platform infrastructure design
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
- Expertise and experience with modern DevOps patterns, practices, and tools
- Project experience with agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, or Lean
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in preparing reports, presentations and documentation.
- Strong active listening skills with demonstrated ability to translate customer and requirements into technical solutions required
- Skilled in communicating technical decisions, risks, and options to non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency is required
- Experience with containerization solutions and orchestration platforms, both on-premise and cloud based. Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service, Rancher
- Experience with supporting technologies such as Redis, MinIO for data storage and Keycloak for multi-factor authentication
- Experience using monitoring tools such as Dynatrace APM and ECK
- Strong knowledge of templating and automation Scripting such as Power-Shell, Ansible, and Puppet
- Experience with building and maintaining high-availability (>99%), active-active environments
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Strong knowledge of Linux Server technologies
- Experience working with Azure PaaS and IaaS, Azure DevOps (SDLC)
Certificates, Licensures, Registrations
- Technical certifications (eg, Red Hat RHCA/RHCE, Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) a plus.