Posted on Sep 23, 2021 by Smith Schafer & Associates
Smith Schafer is currently looking for an executive level Administrative Assistant to join their team.
Since 1971, Smith Schafer has been one of Minnesota's most successful CPA firms and continues to experience incredible growth. As an award-winning CPA firm, we have been featured on Forbes Top Tax Firm list, awarded Best of Accounting Client Satisfaction by ClearlyRated, and named a Top 175 Workplace in Minnesota by the Star Tribune.
At Smith Schafer, your investment of time and expertise will be rewarded with competitive pay, benefits, career opportunities, and professional development.
The Administrative Assistant facilitates the efficient operation of the Corporate department by performing a variety of administrative tasks. This position supports executive and management level staff. This person will also assist in onboarding new employees and coordinating internal training courses.
Key Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant:
- Maintains Continuing Professional Education (CPE) records for staff and coordinates and sets up internal CPE training sessions.
- Assists with CPA renewals for staff.
- Organizes and maintains filing systems.
- Retrieves information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related documents; prepares written summaries of data when needed.
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions.
- Coordinates and schedules travel, meetings, and appointments for managers or supervisors.
- Prepares agendas and schedules for meetings.
- Attends committee meetings and records and distributes minutes to staff.
- Assists with a variety of Corporate and HR projects.
- Prepares reports for senior management staff.
- Assists with marketing tasks within the firm.
- Assists HR with recruiting, orientation, record keeping and other tasks.
- Processes billings and other support tasks.
- Assists Twin Cities Administrative team as needed with assembly, billing, scanning, answering phones, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
The Administrative Assistant qualifications include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three or more years of administrative or related experience.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Can resolve and overcome obstacles.
- Customer-service oriented, shown by the following attributes: proactive, observant, knowledgeable and reliable.
- Associates or bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Prior work experience in a public accounting firm.
- Prior administrative work in the Human Resources field.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand and sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.