Posted on Sep 23, 2021 by Cosmo Corporation
Cosmo Corporation is a global leader in the design and manufacture of precision engineered plastic components for the electrical and electronics industries. We produce over 500 million components each year, and our products can be found in nearly every type of consumer and industrial electronic device. We are a growth-oriented company with a 76 year history of innovation and quality.
We have an immediate opening in our Cleveland, OH headquarters for a qualified Purchasing Assistant.
- Process purchasing requisitions from all company departments, including working with requisitioner to confirm key requirements and specifications.
- Source items from vendors and negotiate pricing and other terms.
- Enter approved requisitions into the computer system to generate purchase orders.
- Track open orders.
- Approve purchase orders for payment by confirming final receipt of goods, accurate invoices, and all supporting incoming inspection and approval records.
- Enter and maintain vendor information in the computer system.
- Process Defective Purchasing Material Reports (DMR) and communicate quality issues to vendors.
- Process minimum stock change requests.
- Assist with the collection of vendor performance data.
- Maintain department records, including barcode labeling and scanning paper records into electronic files.
- Cover main switchboard on a rotating basis to help process incoming phone calls not handled by auto-attendant.
- Perform other administrative duties as requested or assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a purchasing or sourcing department, or equivalent office environment.
- Some data entry/processing experience preferably with a business ERP computer system.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
Competitive pay, excellent benefits including medical, dental, life insurance and 401-k. Relocation assistance not available. Apply online or email your resume. For more information about Cosmo Corporation please visit the website.