Python Developer - Swansea (remote/work from home)
Posted on Sep 23, 2021 by Easton Haines Consultancy
Python Developer - Swansea (remote/working from home)
Python Developer required with a good mix of the following skills/experience:
- Experience of delivering technical solutions using Python object-orientated programming including the use of libraries for the purpose of test automation, documentation automation and data manipulation
- Experience of implementing and consuming RESTful web services.
- Previous experience of working in a variety of delivery methodologies, specifically in an agile environment (eg SCRUM and Kanban).
- Experience of using version control systems such as Git.
- Experience of database design and implementation.
- Experience of TDD (Test Driven Development) and BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) practises for the purpose of unit and acceptance testing.
- An appreciation of CI/CD concepts and using tools such as Jenkins and DevOps Azure.
With the following attributes being advantageous;
- Previous experience of working in an insurance environment
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift containerisation
- Exposure of working with Cloud technologies such as Azure.
Duties of the Python Developer will include:
- Working as integral member of the Software Development Chapter, developing, implementing and maintaining motor insurance-based products.
- Implementation and delivery of relevant coding standards.
- Implementation and execution of thorough unit testing and version control.
- Implementation and execution of thorough acceptance testing including security and performance testing.
- Ensure solutions are suitably designed with availability, performance, security and scalability in mind.
- Participate in agile ceremonies in line with the agreed agile delivery frameworks
- Understanding of emerging technologies and innovations and their suitability to business requirements.
- Working alongside and collaborating with other Software Developers within the Software Development Chapter.
- Participate in Guilds (aka Community of Practise) where a passion for the topic exists, with a view to continuous improvement and the standardisation of best practise across the business
- Collaborate with external professionals and third-party if called upon to do so.
In return you will receive an extremely competitive salary an excellent benefits package and a great working environment (including free parking!), although this role can be based mainly from home with minimal trips to the office.
Please apply either by using the link provided or by emailing your CV direct to me. Alternatively, you can call for more information on the number shown below.
Easton Haines Consultancy is a specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. No terminology in the advertisement is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies, we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary or contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment business.
Please note that, unfortunately, due to the high level of applications, we are only able to respond to those candidates whose CVs match the job requirements.