Security Engineer IPS - SOC - IPS policy - Wire Shark - Tipping point SMS - DV Cleared
Posted on Sep 23, 2021 by Nexere Consulting Limited
Security Engineer IPS - SOC - IPS policy - Wire Shark - Tipping point SMS - DV Cleared - Remote working
Technology Consultancy require a Security Engineer to be part of Security Engineering function looking after high secure accounts (High Level Clearance) .
- You will take ownership of SOC customer including log analysis, log management, event management and alarms.
- Knowledge of networking and network protocols
- Experience troubleshooting network problems at layers 1, 2, and 3
- Conduct Intrusion event analysis and support security operation center (SOC) incident response and relevant threat detection teams.
- Experience with packet analysis (Wireshark)
- Knowledge of IPS policy filters and DV updates to prevent attacks within internal/external systems
The Analyst should have a certified TippingPoint Expert training and at least 3 years of experience with operation of TippingPoint SMS and sensors (not only the old N/NX series also the T/TX series)
- Creating and maintaining profiles
- Updating the OS/signatures
- Experience with high availability/Layer 2 fallback
- Tuning the device, performance
- Perform log and data analysis
- Creating reports
The Analyst should have also knowledge of networking and network security/Firewalls, as the systems are often connected between Firewalls and Router/Switches,
Tools (Monitoring, syslog forwarding) and processes for handling IT security incidents.
Security Engineer - SOC - IPS policy - Wire Shark - Tipping point SMS - DV Cleared - Remote working