Technical Business Analyst (Financial Services) part home based
Posted on Sep 23, 2021 by Easton Haines Consultancy
Technical Business Analyst (part home based) - Financial Services
About the job
The Technical Business Analyst will be responsible for delivering product change related analysis, with a view to supporting the implementation of that product change to the wider business as part of the product delivery life cycle. Leveraging your analysis knowledge, and professional expertise, to play a key role helping to realise product strategy.
Day to day responsibilities of the role include:
- Attending and supporting scrum ceremonies.
- Gathering and documenting requirements and ensuring user stories and acceptance criteria are well defined.
- Work closely with developers/testers on reviewing and defining user stories to ensure full understanding.
- Support with backlog refinement by ensuring that top priority user stories are fully defined and ready to accept into the sprint.
- Support development and testing where there are functional queries.
- Ensure all product features comply with regulatory, security, privacy and risk policies.
- Run workshops with key stakeholders where necessary; documenting and shaping business requirements.
The successful Technical Business Analyst will have a good mix of the following skills and experience:
- Possess high level of analysis, logical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Experience in facilitating workshops/refinement sessions with key stakeholders/developers/testers to drive and document business requirements.
- Experience in understanding business/system requirements along with the ability to utilise their analysis skills to challenge the business; with the outcome of accurately defining the changes required.
- Experience in breaking down requirements into user stories and working closely with the stakeholders to define acceptance criteria.
- Recent experience of working in a variety of different methodologies, including delivery in an agile environment. Preferably a strong working knowledge of scrum and agile.
- Good knowledge of the MS Office Suite, specifically a strong knowledge of Excel.
- Work closely with delivery teams to refine and transform business requirements into user stories with clear, achievable acceptance criteria, with a view to successfully delivering product change.
- Financial Services Sector background would be advantageous
In return you will receive a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits scheme and the opportunity to work partly from home with trips to the office maybe once or twice a week.
Easton Haines Consultancy is a specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. No terminology in the advertisement is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary or contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment business.
Please note that, unfortunately, due to the high level of applications, we are only able to respond to those candidates whose CVs match the job requirements.