Test Automation Engineer- Permanent-remotely working
Posted on Sep 22, 2021 by McCabe & Barton
Test Automation Engineer
Our client is on a mission to improve the way healthcare is delivered to millions of people by providing doctors and their teams with powerful, innovative, intuitive and secure software. Our cloud-based clinical system is already used by hundreds of clinicians, making their lives easier and saving them money, while structuring their health data to help research. They are a passionate and driven team, lucky to be making a change in healthcare!
They are looking for a passionate and experienced Test automation Engineer to be part of our Product Team to contribute to our growing Testing function.
To succeed in this role you will have experience in building and maintaining a testing automation framework, combining manual and automated regression testing using a range of testing tools, and a passion for working on something that matters, improving healthcare!
About the team
The Product Team is responsible for ensuring that our cloud-based clinical system is built to the highest standards. The team works closely with both Business and Tech Team stakeholders, utilising a hybrid lightweight Agile methodology.
Our Tech stack
- Node, React, Mobx, ES6, Typescript, Webpack
- AWS, BitBucket
- Cypress, Jenkins, Postman
You are highly self-motivated and work well with other team members and possess great collaboration and communication skills. You are a self starter who thrives in fast paced environments
and who is willing to learn. You are a strong advocate for automation and testing. Test automation engineer role plays an important part in our product's development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets requirements, and will constantly look for opportunities to automate areas of testing that can be reliably done by software.
What you will be doing
- Work closely with product owner and developer to define test cases
- Conduct exploratory manual testing, triage bugs and reporting
- Define test automation candidates
- Creating automated regression tests using Cypress.io for both UI and API
- Work alongside SDET to design and implement robust test automation frameworks
- Work alongside DevOps to maintain automated test suites for CI/CD pipeline
- 3+ years hands on test automation experience
- Strong understanding of SDLC and different types of testing methodologies
- Experience using a recognised open-source automation framework
- Flexibility in using different programming languages and tools to achieve your goals
- Experience with automating tests for web application
- Understanding of page object model for UI testing
- Experience with API testing using Postman, SoapUI or with automation frameworks
- Experience of writing BDD test case using Gherkin syntax
- Familiarity with version control tool eg BitBucket, GitHub, GitLab
- Performance testing with JMeter or similar
- Understanding of CI/CD pipeline and its process
- Exposure to DevOps tools such as Jenkins, BitBucket pipeline
- Experience in cloud technologies, preferably AWS stack.
- Using Jira and confluence
What's in it for you
- Competitive package including flexible and an available full remote working policy
- 34 days holiday per year including bank holidays and your birthday
- Central London office with amazing facilities and free activities