Network Operations Engineer
Posted on Sep 22, 2021 by EOS
WHO WE ARE:
EOS IT Solutions is a Global Technology and Logistics company, providing Collaboration and Business IT Support services to some of the world's largest industry leaders, delivering forward-thinking solutions based on multi-domain architecture. Customer satisfaction and commitment to superior quality of service are our top business priorities, along with investing in and supporting our partners and employees.
We are a true International IT provider and are proud to deliver our services through global simplicity with trusted transparency.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and passionate about IT and Networking. Working as part of an expanding company, members of the Network Operations Team will have opportunities to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team and can expect to be developed to their maximum of their potential.
The role specifically involves working as a Network Operations Engineer as a first level of contact, supporting a large-scale enterprise network infrastructure for one of our global customers.
Hours: Mon - Fri 9:00am to 6:00pm and On-call shift rotation will be required for weekends also
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Maintain and support a large-scale enterprise network infrastructure that will include routers, switches, servers, network operating system software, network management software and other related hardware
- Will participate in shift rotation, providing first level network support in the areas of LAN/WAN, including both wired and wireless, intranets and interfaces to the Internet (Typical working hours in week days will be between 9:00am and 6pm, and On-Call shift rotation during weekends)
- Communicate with end users via tasking tools, group chats and phone
- Multi-tasking various user issue's effectively and efficiently, while documenting troubleshooting and triage steps so other team members can follow if required
- Escalating tasks to Tier II while documenting summary of problem and troubleshooting steps that have been taken.
- Perform RMA's and/or hardware swap, while working with third party OEM's and customer cross functional support teams
- Troubleshoot and investigate issues with long haul circuits and hardware, working closely with ISP's to minimize downtime to the office network. Being able to communicate with carrier and diagnose problems
- Schedule and perform routine network maintenance, that includes software upgrades, patch fixes
- Perform queue management for user tasks, alarms, alert tasks, incidents and trouble shoot/and or triage as necessary
- Follow documented runbook process's and procedures to assist in troubleshooting and completion of tasks
- Must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to deal with end users/management during times of pressure
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years' experience in Enterprise Network support and large-scale network operations
- Experience with multiple vendor hardware platforms including Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Aruba and HPE
- Demonstrated knowledge of Layer2/3 technologies and protocols, including,RSTP, VLAN, VTP, ARP, OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP, UDP
- Knowledge of application level protocols such as SNMP, telnet, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, DNS
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem-solving abilities under pressure
- Proficiency in Linux operating system, Scripting experience a plus
- Solid understanding of Enterprise Network Design, infrastructure, and operational best practices
- Ability to work in fast-paced and dynamic environments with limited supervision
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management and organization skills
- Experience with IPv4 & IPv6 in a dual stack environment is mandatory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated, strong analytical thinker who enjoys problem solving
- Capable of working/using own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work off-hours as when needed
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline
- Certification such as CCNA, JNCIA, Network+ desired. CCNP or JNCIP a plus.
EOS is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at EOS regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religious or similar philosophical belief; race; national origin; political opinion; sexual orientation; disability; marital or civil partnership status or other non-merit factor.