Business Office Assistant
Posted on Sep 22, 2021 by Olympic Sports and Spine
Olympic Sports & Spine is looking for a Full time Business Office Assistant who has experience in office procedures and likes working in a fast paced medical business office. OSS is committed to providing quality customer service and care to our patients and being a great employer to our employees. If you want a job with no weekends required this is the job for you. Schedule needed is Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The administrative assistant provides administrative and secretarial support of day-to-day business office operations. In addition to answering phone calls, typing, scanning, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as, assisting with coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining/ordering of office supplies, perform daily or weekly courier runs to offices as needed, assists with coordination business office mailings, and working on special projects. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
- Answers central telephone system and directs the calls to the appropriate extension/department. Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel as needed.
- Greets and directs all business office visitors and notifies appropriate personnel/department of visitor's arrivals.
Business Office Support
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes publications. Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)Forwards mail and deliveries as needed in a timely manner via interoffice mail/regular mail services.
- Reviews and forwards e-mails received via (see below)
- Responsible for maintaining the general house cleaning of common areas of Business Office (kitchen area, visitor reception area, conference room and restrooms).
- Provides general administrative support to all Business Office departments to include preparing correspondence, forms and reports; composing regular correspondence; scanning of documents; and filing electronic and hard copy documents.
- Updates Javelin (intranet) as needed.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of business office and kitchen supplies.
- Assists with coordination of executive travel plans and other arrangements as needed.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Digital Branding and Collateral Production
- Assists with the production of digital and printed content as well as promotional items to support the company's physician, community and internal marketing and sales efforts.
- Assists with copy-writing and editorial design in a manner that reflects the standards of OSS.
- Assists with the procurement and coordination of outsourced collateral production services.
- Assists with coordination with outsourced vendors to produce materials within approved budge; negotiate prices with vendors; ensure the quality of materials and conformance with corporate graphic standards; evaluate overall effectiveness and value of materials.
- Assist with the organization and storage of the company's publications and materials.
- Assist with printing orders.
Events & Promotions
- Assists with maintaining an updated Master Event Calendar on the Javelin.
- Assists with the development, organization, and execution of marketing/promotional and other special events that promote OSS; including work with event planners
- Assist with the management of OSS's community-based endeavors, and community-based activities, maximizing exposure and ensuring that they enhance the OSS brand.
Minimum High School graduation or equivalent AND one year of related office/clerical support experience and/or training OR equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Washington State requires that all health care employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of October 18, 2021. Therefore, proof of vaccination is a condition of employment at Olympic Sports & Spine.