Full-Stack Developer (Java, Golang)
Posted on Sep 22, 2021 by BNY Mellon
Technology Services Group (TSG) is the technology enabler of BNYM. Our services provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host business processes while enabling innovation
Our TSG Architecture Infrastructure and Middleware (AIM) team provides high level automation and self-service provisioning capabilities across the firm's technology footprint, including the development of products that deliver world class messaging, cloud, and security frameworks. Our team's focus is to engineer solutions that improve the technology infrastructure by moving from a highly manual current state to a tightly controlled automated state. AIM is comprised of 6 core services - Messaging, Security Engineering, App Engine, Discovery Services, Storefront, and Responsibility Management and Entitlements (RME).
We are seeking a hands-on Developer to join Privileged Access Management, a team of developers and infrastructure engineers within Responsibility Management and Entitlements (RME) to design and develop the Privileged Access Management solutions, as well as the automation and integration frameworks around them.
- Design, develop, test, and operationalize small multi-tiered security solutions in compliance with the BNY Mellon's technology and security processes/standards.
- Adopt a modern SDLC that encourages CI/CD.
- Document software designs to lead discussions and procedures for adoptions.
- Actively participate in code reviews.
- Apply security and secure coding principles to systems under development.
- Develop features in an agile environment where we quickly prototype and iterate on functionality.
- Test third-party software systematically and with discipline.
Bachelors degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 2-6 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus; should have thorough knowledge of the software development cycle S/he must also have experience developing Front-End and Back-end. Job holder must be knowledgeable about cross-platform interoperability (multiple platforms ie NT, Intranet, etc.), major tools in a toolkit for a specific platform and features of multiple toolkits. S/he must be experienced at resolving hardware, software, and communications malfunctions and understand the business impact of resolving complications.
- Proficiency in Java and Golang, experience with Python a plus
- Experience in designing and implementing REST APIs and Micro Services.
- Experience in building transactional systems and working with workflow engines.
- Experience with text data indexing, search, and retrieval, eg, Elastic Search, Splunk.
- Good understanding of test automation, TDD.
- Experience in delivering a multi-tiered project: from the requirement gathering, design, implementation to addressing operational concerns.
Linux system engineering experience, eg, sshd, pam.d, systemctl
Good understanding of secure coding practices.
Experience in mentoring junior programmers.
Knowledge of the Privileged Access Management practices and solutions.
Knowledge of security protocols such as Kerberos, LDAP.